Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

my t maxx + snow = BAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 05:49 PM
lilseth0014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my t maxx + snow = BAD

Yeah i ran my t maxx today cuz it was warm and sunny out. I was aware of the snow all around a few spot didn't have snow and i brought out my jump to test it out. And umm after running it for about 20 mins jumping it into the snow and caring it out. Also doing donuts leaving roosts of snow and running it a puddle on accident lol. My t maxx after a jump didn't move. it was on just no responding to the remote. So i turned off the motor. And the electronics were making a funny sound. So i shut them off and turn them back on. Still making that sound. I think somethings got wet. Umm the actuall problem is the brake/accelerator rod wont move when i push remote trigger. The forward/reverse move but moves very slowly. And it does turn left or right but while the electronic are on it make a weird sound of humming and umm idk its kinda weird. Im letting it dry right now and i will report later tonight on what is going on.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:06 PM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: my t maxx + snow = BAD

let us know. might be ok when it drys, if not it got shorted
Old 01-28-2006, 08:17 PM
lilseth0014

hmm ok after umm 4 hours in front of a heater its all dryed out. turned it on and boom still has that noice. So i was looking at it and the reverse/forward switch works now. Its back to the proper speed. Amd the steering is fine. So i know what the problem is. Its the brake/ accel switch servo. The servo is messed or or loose or somethings. When i give it gas the servo just keeps wanting to spin and it kinda sounds like the servo is spinning inside. Same sound when i give it complete brake. I can give it a little of gas and brake but if i give it full gas and brake its makes an awful sound like the servo is squealing or grinding or skipping not sure. How could i fix that or something?
Old 01-28-2006, 08:35 PM
oc off road

Try opening up the servos to help them dry out. The smallest bit of water inside the case /on the board will limit its functionality.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:52 PM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

yea open it up and dry it, also remember to center it before you install the horn
Old 01-29-2006, 04:02 AM
em x 6 racer

I was reading in r/c driver and the gave a hint that would help you out for the next time you have this problem. they sell this stuff at home depot called plastidip. you dip your servos in it and it makes them waterproof.