Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

wont shift!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 09:34 PM
snoking16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont shift!!!!

my revo is not shifting....it sucks. its goin so slow. and its running like crap....but that just a tuning issue. is it not shifting into second becuase its not running very well. like the acceleration is horrible and its topping out at about 25MPH.....i have my old 2.5r in it for the winter....i hope its not shot!!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:50 PM
twgreen3

Default RE: wont shift!!!!

It could be a tuning issue. The trans has to run at a certain RPM to shift. You can also lower the shifting point so that it will happen at a lower RPM. This is described in the manual. good Luck
Old 01-28-2006, 11:55 PM
snoking16

yea it is definatly getting to the RPM it should be at to shift. its rapping out....i have never heard it at such a high RPM
Old 01-28-2006, 11:57 PM
d2cs2mdw
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Most likely you have a tuning problem, reset it to factory setting's and see what that doe's. If it is cold there then most likely you won't hit 2nd gear very often because it will be running lean due to the cold weather.

Mason
Old 01-30-2006, 12:57 AM
snoking16

yea it was like 40 outside. so not really cold. i did set it back to factory settings and it still ran like ****. i think its time for a new engine.....anyone got one out there that has been broken in good???? i am straped for cash at the moment....im in a job transition and have yet to start training so it will be a while till i get my first paycheck. i know about the traxxas replacement plan. i ended up selling my TM 323 a little while ago because i had an insurance payment to pay so im kinda screwed now and im just so like AAHHHHH!!!! i dont want to have to sell my revo next yet i dont want to spend anymore money on it but i want it to run. im going to see if i can tune it better. it was cold and i think i was running too rich even with stock settings. soooooo thanks for the replies guys