Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Got a new REVO...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 12:52 AM
cfh1973

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a new REVO...

Just got a new Revo last week. Man, I love this thing. It is my first RC and I feel I went with the best. I have been around RC's all my life and have done a tone of research and I finally broke down and bought one. I like everything about this truck, it is so user friendly and a lot of fun. I am posting a couple of pics and I know they are stock pics but I am very proud of it. I do have one question. What is the best suspension set up for jumping and quickest corning using the parts that came with the Revo? I know some of you are going to say to buy other parts but I'm not gonna ahve the money to do that for a while. So, just the packed in parts please.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81089.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	397479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64909.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	397480  
Old 01-29-2006, 02:45 AM
Grindinghalt

Default RE: Got a new REVO...

Welcome!

I to just recently purchased a Revo....And am extremely happy with it!!

I'm no expert by far, but the following are my observations, and what I did in the first two weeks:

I noticed that on hard corners with the stock suspension, she rolled over a lot. So, just for kicks, I installed the LT springs with the stock (P1) rockers. That helped out quite a bit. I then changed the shock pistons to #2 in front, and #3 in the rear. But by that time, I had purchased the P2 rockers and installed them. The current setup is that: Silver springs in front, Blue in rear, #2 pistons up front, #3 pistons in rear, and P2 rockers. All the pushrod settings are in the middle hole. This gives me a rather stiff setup, that handles just like I like it to for bashing, and is quite stable. Will never bottom out jumping either....lol

Hope that helps

Tod
Old 01-29-2006, 09:50 AM
cfh1973

Thanx Tod, very helpful. Anyone else?
Old 01-29-2006, 11:11 AM
d2cs2mdw
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

I have a Revo, no offense cfh1973, but you should have left the decal's of, only a couple, now it look's hoopty! lol

Mason
Old 01-29-2006, 11:40 AM
DANTOO

Looks mint mate!

Give it a few days. it will soon be covered in mud [8D]

I cant wait to get mine.

Over here in england its slightly more expensive **rolls eyes**
Old 01-29-2006, 11:51 AM
cfh1973

Oh, trust me. It doesn't look so new anymore. Had a few spills already. Got some road rash and some hood pin punctures. But its a monster truck, supposed to be dirty and mean.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:25 PM
blk99xtreme

I just got a Revo 3 days ago also. I love it! i agree its a little tipsy when turning, i dumped mine a few times around corners. Im still trying to find the sweet tuning for it so i can pull wheelies off the start! Im gonna build a ramp for it in the spring also. Ill get pics up soon!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:10 AM
Indecline099

same here i just got a revo also, jumping with it is so easy, its in flight control is a piece of cake, its currently going though a front end reconstruction after my brother ran it into a boulder
Old 01-30-2006, 05:34 PM
cfh1973

blk99extreme,

I have had good luck with putting the stiffer springs on that came with my REVO and compressing the springs a little over half way. It stiffened up my suspension and reduced body roll by about 1/2. Its never gonna turn like a buggy though, its a monster truck brotha.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:36 PM
TOCCHET_92

i'm running the silver springs in the front and the blue ones in the rear and i've installed the long travel rockers and now i don't have nearly the roll overs i use to,and i've also put a spool in my revo for extra added traction plus t-maxx rims and tires.pretty impressed with my revos toughness and i have broken some parts but that was my poor driving skills and that its cold up here. but my revo is a blast to run.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:22 PM
SlowDriver

cfh,

Check out these pages ...

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...cat=143&id=482
and
http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...472&artlang=en
Old 01-31-2006, 02:15 AM
oregonrevoman