Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

2.5 vs the old .15 maxx questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:23 AM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 vs the old .15 maxx questions?

LOL,sorry guys but now im getting it down opn what engine to buy.I was just wondering if the chassis,and tranny and servo set ups are all the same from the older maxx to the newer maxx?
Also if anyone knows,if I get the .18tm with rear exaust,I see the pipe comes out the back,Would I have to run the stock 2.5 pipe,,or is there different manifolds so I can get a longer pipe and lay it down on the chassis? I see pipes that look like it comes down instead of laying down?
Also can you fit a Pull Start with rear exaust?
Old 01-29-2006, 11:46 AM
DaveG55

Default RE: 2.5 vs the old .15 maxx questions?

The chassis and servo position are the same but you'll need to get a 2.5 linkage for the throttle. If you get the TM for the T-Maxx it will come with the header for the 2.5 and I think you'll need to get pipe for it. I don't think that the Pro.15 pipe will work but I'm not sure. Of course the a-arms are the narrower ones not the new "wide Maxx" stuff.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:51 AM
ProfitOfDoom

But I mean as far as the chassis and throttle linkages go,I would just need to get the 2.5 bellcrank and linkage,,and drill a hole on my chassis to fit the slide throttle bellcrank,other then that its all the same?Yea and gettign the correct pipe to fir the maxx and it should be no problem right?
Old 01-29-2006, 02:44 PM
DaveG55

Well, the .18TM is a direct swap for the 2.5r including the ez-start but, since I gather that you're planning on putting one on a Pro.15 Maxx, you'll need some other stuff to bring the truck to what the 2.5 uses. That's going to include the bellcrank, linkage, pipe, clutch nut and all the ez-start (or pull start) parts that mount on a 2.5r including a new owb. The ez-start from the Pro.15 will not bolt to the 2.5r or, by extension, the TM but you should be able to get a ps for the 2.5r and mount it to the TM.
I believe that the engine mount, flywheel, clutch and clutch bell will all still work.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:12 PM
oc off road

You could also rearrange how everything is laid out on the chassis. move the throttle servo for a direct pull to eliminate the bellcrank.