Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP HERE.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 01:11 PM
TGreg24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP HERE.

ok well i have some cash that im gonna spend on my tmaxx. 720.00 to be exact. i kno its not a lot but im trying to get this bia race ready come spring. my delema is that i want the best of everything and i dotn have that much money. ok so i have like four opitions. 1. The UE dUEce racing chassis and the gorilla maxx G3 suspension. now with this combo i have barely enought to buy a engine (i want the TM) 2. the UE dUEce chassis and rpm arms. with this it gives me more money for engine pipe and barely enough for tires. 3. The Fast lane machining chassis from 2coolrc.com and the G3 suspension. this is still close moeny wise. 4. the fast lane machine chassis with rpm aarms. this gives me all the money i need to complete my project but it wont be as good. i need the best [&:].

i could save some money by getting the CR-V .18[:'(] but cmon now its no TM. idk wat to do.

http://www.gorillamaxx.com/

http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ore/13231.html

http://2coolrc.com/detail.aspx?ID=182

http://2coolrc.com/detail.aspx?ID=123

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87838.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	397735   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51989.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	397736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72631.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	397737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic83658.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	397738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wh57118.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	397739  
Old 01-29-2006, 01:39 PM
HPIDUDE

Default RE: I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP HERE.

i'd buy i real monster truck if i was you...
Old 01-29-2006, 01:40 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

I'd take the $720 and Buy a New Truck!
Old 01-29-2006, 01:41 PM
A.B.U

Im diggin that Gorrlia Maxx chasis
But check out the ACNCM Chasis's:
[link=http://www.acncm.com/detail.aspx?ID=15]Super Skeleton[/link]

[link=http://www.acncm.com/detail.aspx?ID=25]Super Skeleton Big Block Conversion[/link]

EDIT: Or buy an LST2. And get some extra parts with that $70 left over, or probably $30-$40..
Old 01-29-2006, 01:50 PM
TGreg24

yea but that acmnc look WAAYYY HEAVEY
i want light as possible

the chassis is a unlimited enginnerring and the suspension is gorilla lol

im sooo confused

ps i was thinkin about geting an lst2 but then i would have 6 cars and only three running
lol
Old 01-29-2006, 01:53 PM
A.B.U

Yah but i bet its super heavy duty.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:59 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: team_zero-star

yea but that acmnc look WAAYYY HEAVEY
i want light as possible

the chassis is a unlimited enginnerring and the suspension is gorilla lol

im sooo confused

ps i was thinkin about geting an lst2 but then i would have 6 cars and only three running
lol
Get Rid of the Ones that don't work
, Add what Money ya get for them to Your "New Truck" and Have 3 that Work....
Old 01-29-2006, 06:16 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would have to say get a more modern truck.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:43 PM
HPIDUDE

i would say dont buy a traxxas
Old 01-29-2006, 07:16 PM
TGreg24

well like i said before thats wat i was trying to do but my ebay add didnt sell {(300.00 for 5 trucks) if someone on here would liek to take up on this im still willing to send them, thats right 5 trucks for 300.00} and i was gonna buy either a hellfire or a lst2.

so now im suck with a savage tmaxx rc10gt xxxt matt francis edition and a tamyia mud blaster.

idk i COULD just buy the lst2 anyways and just have six trucks.

^*^edit^*^

HPIDUDE umm yea i hate to break it to you but i like my tmaxx better than my savage ss ... sry. IM NTO SAYING THE SAVAGE IS HORRIBLE OR A BAD TRUCK, i just liek the way the tmaxx is.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:46 PM
TGreg24

well heres an update ... i went to UE's forum and someone had a dUEce preditor chassis for 155 with the ofna tank and all the mounts. for yinz that dont kno thats like KILLER awesome deal.

dUEce chassis = 180
ofna tank = 26
chassis parts kit = 8
mounts = 20

total = 236.97
my price = 150 shipped out the door

savings = 87 dollars im uber happy

so that will be coming soon and then next is the G3 suspension and i opitioned for the RB TM323 because it comes in a "kit" to save money.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:33 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Step 1: Sell t-maxx
Step 2: Buy LST 2
Step 3: have fun
Step 4: mods!!!
Step 5: sell other cars on ebay. Don't sell them together. That's stupid
Old 01-29-2006, 09:35 PM
TGreg24

[&:]eh you and ur lst2's you lst owners lol yinz are persistant. but ONCE AGAIN i said no one will buy my cars other wise i would get an lst2 i just dont want anymore cars. geezeus

anyone wanna buy one

any other suggesiont about wat to buy for my uber slick racer??

Old 01-29-2006, 10:09 PM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

i know that built right the tmaxx can be an awsome racer, but it is a dying breed. if those 5 rc's included a tmaxx and a savage, idk how it didn't sell for $300. if me, i would use the money to get a truck that can handle a big motor, and if money is left over, get the savage running if its not now and sell it first since you like the tmaxx better. use that money for racing hopups for the new truck and continue to list and sell the other trucks.

putting all that money in a tmaxx just seems silly to me for a couple of reasons. for one, you doing it to make it keep up with other trucks, and also making it handle the power that other truck can handle in stock form. you will never get out of it what your putting in either. if your set on using the maxx and keeping it for a very long time, then by all means, spend what you wish on it. i would still concentrate on getting the savage in running form and selling it(i'm assuming its not running).
Old 01-29-2006, 10:34 PM
goodin

For the right price on Ebay you could sell those cars. If you put each of them up seperately for a real low starting bid with no reserve you will get bids and it will sell. And you might even get people in bidding wars and make good money from them. I put my Tmaxx up for $75 starting bid and I thought would get $225 tops and it went for $300.

I agree with the others. You should consider using the money (and selling your other cars and using that money) and buy a new truck that has newer technology like the Revo, Lst2 or Hellfire and then hop it up how you like it. Just my opinion though.

Good luck.

Goodin
Old 01-29-2006, 10:54 PM
blackrain

if your dead set on building this truck i would use only dace and u.e. parts there stuff is one of the best. i have a jt hybrid with dace single shock arms and wing mount towers and u.e. differentials and ga bulk heads my truck is solid i beat on it hard toughest truck i own only thing i break is screws and pillow balls.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:00 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i had over seven bills i would, like these other guys said, buy a new truck. don' t know that i would get the lst2, that thing is way big and way heavy. but a cool truck none the less. i have a maxx that i will be racing this year also. i'm kinda in the middle of a low chassis project on it. but this is the trick, in order to keep it legal for the "MT" class (as opposed to having to run in the unlimited class), i left the original chassis in place, with only the engine, trans and throttle servo. every thing else has been, or will be moved down to the lower chassis plate. the lower plate is lexan and extends from the back of the front skid plate the the rear of the truck, taking the place of the rear skid. the steering servo now lays on its side on the opposite side of the truck. i'm using a nitro rusler tank and it is where the steering servo use to be with the lid sticking up through the the hole. my goal for this project is to get the cg as low as i can, and get rid of as much weight as i can. i'll be sure to let you guys know how it all works.

oh yeah..............do what you want...........its YOUR truck, don't let these guys talk you in to something you don't really want to do. build that maxx to the hilt, then when you are walking all over the "modern" trucks on the track you can sit back and smile and know that you did it with an "antique".
Old 01-30-2006, 09:34 AM
oc off road

I am also in the process of building a supermaxx up using the best stuff I can find. I was already into deep in to the build to change. if I did it again I would just buy a Jammin x1-crt it is a race winner out of the box. If you bought the Predator chassis from the BST at Ue i would wait for someone over there to sell a racer-x suspension skip the gorillamaxx, then get some of the setback arms and the monoblock extension to throw on it. The predator chassis will only hold a small block mounted motor right now, maybe in the future there will be a big block motor mount made. Also Bings is currently selling some of the last OTB gearsets I would grab one of those up quick before they are all gone.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:56 PM
TGreg24

just bringin this thread up. anymore ideas.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Blackhawk4

get a revo and buy some aluminum hopups http://2coolrc.com/revoparts.aspx
Old 01-30-2006, 10:18 PM
rc-racer75
My Feedback: (2)

Hey are you still trying to sell your vehicles? I agree on you buying a more advanced racing Monster. But the LST has yet to impress me on the racing seen.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:42 AM
em x 6 racer

Hit me up with what vehicles you are trying to sell I might be intrested.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:20 AM
tashspop

looking for more advise? well, if you like how the maxx drives, you'll love the revo. get it, sell the other trucks. the revo can handle more power too, so going to a big engine won't cost as much as upgrading the maxx to handle it.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:01 AM
plaidfish

in a traxx-ass forum and you are all slamming the truck that made the company....HMMMM.....720 bucks will make a racer that will crush your Revo, Savage and LST fans.....hell I don't have that much in my race maxx and I'll crush em....my only suggestion is don't go aluminum arms....get RPM arms and knuckles...the towers are a bit soft and allow shocks to flex too much for racing.....upgrade to RRP diffs at least...if you can get teh 1/8 scale diff conversion....you can get the ACnC, Fastlane or Atomic bulkless 1/8 scale setup and just buy a set of gears for less than 1/2 what the bulkless set will cost from UE.....that chassis is nice....stock size race maxx needs a RB .23........I have a tranny that is ready to drop in your rig for sale if you're interested...also some other bits n peices......get 23mm hexhubs.....get a kick ass servo w/ tons of torque...I like the JR stuff but any of the Futaba, JR, Airtronics, KO propo (I don't like Hitec Digitals).......
Old 01-31-2006, 01:30 PM
stilllost
My Feedback: (3)

720 can can get you a really nice comp ready revo or get you a new truggy like the st 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.