Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Breaking in my new Revo, question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 01:35 PM
joebags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking in my new Revo, question?

I just did my first tank of gas on the Revo for the break in procedure, all went pretty well (expect having to stop for too much traffic) anyways after the 15 minute respt period it started to rain. Assuming the rest of the break in is called due to rain, when I get a chance to try again, can I skip step 1 since I have already finished this step or must I start all over?

THANKS.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:39 PM
PrettyBoy Stuntz

Default RE: Breaking in my new Revo, question?

thats happpened to me lots of time. out of every motor i have broken in i dont think i actually managed to do the whole break in procedure in one day.i usually just did half a tank or so of the step i did earlier then went out with things. I always felt better safe then sorry. so since your only on step one its really no biggy to me just to start over again to be on the safe side but im sure you can go to tank 2
Old 01-29-2006, 01:45 PM
IGOTDIRT4U

stunz has it about right, you can go back part way and most likely be ok. the step two is almost like step one, so no harm, no foul. idea in break in is to make heat. i wuold warm up the motor good before moving forward into step two, but no need to repeat step one entirely.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:53 PM
joebags

Sounds good guys thanks. The crappy part is that yesterday was so nice out, mid 50's and sunny (which for this time of year in NY is. nice) but I couldn't get out until today. It wasn't suppose to start raining for another few hours yet - just sucks.

I did notice that I have to still fool around with the steering as it just doesn't go completely straight yet. The right side tire doesn't seem to spin staight - kind of seems to wobble but I am not sure why. Even though I could only get up to 1/4" throttle, it made me want more.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:59 PM
twgreen3

I would just start it and finish with the break in. If you read the instructions it tells you to let the engine cool down between the 1st and 2nd and between The 2nd and 3rd tanks. So I would think you just let it cool down a little longer. Good luck
Old 01-29-2006, 07:05 PM
blk99xtreme

Hey joebags, I just broke in my Revo 2 days ago. Im from NY also and its raining today but yesterday was 45 degrees and sunny, oh well. About your tires wobbling... mine were also check to make sure the wheel nut is snug.. I found all of mine loose right out the box. im glad, i thought i might have a bad wheel or shifted foam in a tire! I ve gone thru about 4 tanks since break in, and I love it!
Old 01-29-2006, 07:17 PM
joebags

I did figure out the tire problem and I e-mailed Traxxas for their input. The front right tire that wobbles was not glued on properly. I can see the inside part of the tire is not sitting on the rim properly. The bead is not sitting flush with the rim all the way around, thus the tire rotates on its own axis, sort of something like this / (just not this extreme.) I figure it must affect the steering but I am not 100% sure plus its brand new so why should I eat the cost of a new tire? I hope they just replace it since I can't remove the tire without destroying it (I assume you can remove the tire and still reuse the rim).

Thanks for the help guys.