Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

os .18 cvrx

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 03:11 PM
skate5290

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os .18 cvrx

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXGGP6 ya i was just wondering if this is a goodquality engine that will give my t-maxx a noticeable power increase. I am not really looking for more speed. the speed of the 2.5 is fine but some nice lowend torque and just flatout power (but not enough to tear up my transmission)

What do u guys think??
Old 01-29-2006, 03:16 PM
oc off road

Default RE: os .18 cvrx

For the price it is a great replacement engine. you stil need to cut the crank and get a header and clutch nut
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXAXN1
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXJF69

There should not be any problems with the driveline. You might twist some sliders (Maybe)
Old 01-29-2006, 03:32 PM
skate5290

aight thats cool, it just didnt look too powerful, so u r saying it is better than the 2.5 as in more toque and power.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:55 PM
oc off road

yes it is. It is a .18 not .15 overall good bang for the buck
Old 01-29-2006, 04:31 PM
ProfitOfDoom

So with the the header and clutch nut,would you need to cut the crank shaft on the motor,,or will it fit right in with out cutting?
Also I was thinking of going with the .18TM but only differecne I see is that it has a round rear exaust,in stead of a side port where you have to bolt on header,,does that make a performance difference.
I mean the the cv-rx is liek a 100 cheaper then tm,,jsut a overall better value?
Old 01-29-2006, 05:22 PM
oc off road

Yes you need to cut the crank down to 3-5 threads left on it. As far as the tm goes have never ran one but the cvr was great. If you think about it you can but 2 cvr for the price of one tm. my maxx would wheelie all the time i ran a 16/66 combe for gearing.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:38 PM
ProfitOfDoom

yea cutting a shaft is nothing I did it for my current engine,I just wondered if the rear round port was better,,but yea I doubt it will be a noticable difference.and a 100 for a engine isnt bad at all.
I think I will go with the cv-rx
So you will definatly need the stampede clutch nut,why is this?
Old 01-29-2006, 06:24 PM
skate5290

this motor sounds pretty slick, i am guessing we will have to buy a side exhaust kit or just a new side manifold seeing as the stock one won't fit. hey offroad, were u getting good speed with the 16/66 gearing. i havent really had much experience with gearing but is it a genral rule of thumb that a lower tooth clutchbell means more lowend speed and a larger clutchbell= higher topend, and a lower tooth spur gear means more lowend and so on?

correct me if i am wrong.

thanks
Old 01-29-2006, 07:23 PM
oc off road

http://www.tunamaxx.com/test/gear/gear4.html

this should help you with gearing calculations

16/66 combo was is slower but was fine for me I dont really go for top speed that is what touring cars are made for, I like the hole shot torque. I cant seem to find any older pics of when I had the cvrx mounted. I did mess with the cb cause I had a bunch of them the 20tcb was fine also and would still wheelie with good traction.

Lower clutch bell/ higher spur = torque
larger cb / smaller spur = speed