Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

any tip on keeping the muffler on with zipties?

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

any tip on keeping the muffler on with zipties?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 05:04 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any tip on keeping the muffler on with zipties?

Well Ive been getting my maxx back to runnign its not to bad now,,but I always have probs keeping my pipe on my header.Im using the stinger 360,I get it as tight as it will go with zipties then I guess the just the heat loosens the zipties up or something
So then I just tried hose clamps,,seem to hold it on really well but when I was tightening it I see it was biting into the rubber coupler thing between the header and pipe,it never fell off but when I broght the maxx back in it was cut at the end where the rubber stuck out the clamp,,im just gonna use this till it falls off,but is there any other methods out there that will help me?
Old 01-29-2006, 06:11 PM
sly2136

Default RE: any tip on keeping the muffler on with zipties?

all the methods your doing are fine. here's a couple things you can try make sure there is not residue on the header and the coupler when you put them together first. you can try some heavy duty zip ties they hold up pretty well or you can continue to use the hose clamps just don't tighten it so much when you see it going into the coupler stop tightening and you should be fine
Old 01-29-2006, 06:18 PM
BigRed350

Duck Tape!

Just kidding. Are you using the real thick and strong zip ties.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:38 PM
ProfitOfDoom

ehh,there bigger ones,but not the real wide kind,,think thats my prob?
Mine are maybe 1/4 inch wide "if that"