Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Reliable Glow Plug?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 12:44 PM
JSRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reliable Glow Plug?

Is there a glow plug that stands out for being more reliable than others? I think what I've been getting from the LHS is McCoy 59's and I'm not happy with them at all. I'm not terribly concerned with performance but more for reliability. $4.50 a pop is getting alittle old. But I do think the stripped glow plug wire thats taped may be the main reason for my recent troubles. LOL Anyway, anyone have any suggestions on a reliable or better glow plug that I could have my LHS stock for me and my buddies?
Old 01-30-2006, 02:39 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Reliable Glow Plug?

I use MC59's fr 20% nitro, and less. For 30% nitro I use MC9's. I also use a glow ignitor, fo MUCH more reliable starting than the "infamous" blue wire provided by Traxxas....
No problems....unlessI lean out to much....keep temps under 270, and they last an average of 2 gallons of fuel..... for lower temps, and MORE HP....come visit with us
http://nitroobsession.proboards79.com/index.cgi you might pick upon some exclusve info....no where else on the net.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

I've been running Megatech Q Plugs almost exclusively for the last 1-2 years, and they've been great!! I have the Picco/OFNA .21 "mid-block" drop in, but they're good in pretty much any truck where you'd use a McCoy or Traxxas plug.

Now, I'm a basher, and I don't tune to the razors edge of leanness/performance. But these plugs claim to be designed specifically for the rigors of MT use, and they do seem to last longer for me. They also fit the blue wire pretty well.

I got a sleeve of 10 on eeebbbaaayyy at a great price, but you can get them almost anywhere these days:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXEXW7&P=

Dean
Old 01-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Airpressure

I use Traxxas plugs I have one in right now and have had it in for about 6 gallons now.