Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

where to get my t-maxx on the internet for cheap?

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

where to get my t-maxx on the internet for cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 06:21 PM
mfishman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to get my t-maxx on the internet for cheap?

i want a new t-maxx. where could i get 1 on the internet for cheap
Old 01-30-2006, 06:35 PM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: where to get my t-maxx on the internet for cheap?

ebay, watch out for shipping tho
Old 01-30-2006, 06:38 PM
oc off road

NIB at www.towerhobbies.com $386.99
with $50.00 discount coupon 011bx
336.99 shipped
Old 01-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Airpressure

Ebay would be your best bet for a cheap one.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:09 PM
NJ NETS FAN
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: oc off road

336.99 shipped
That should be the cheapest you can get it for.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:03 PM
SlowDriver

ORIGINAL: NJ NETS FAN

ORIGINAL: oc off road

336.99 shipped
That should be the cheapest you can get it for.

... and you won't have to worry about getting a slightly -broken- TMaxx ...
Old 01-31-2006, 09:05 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

wow.. think about this..

you buy your t-maxx off the net, pay shipping and save a few cents (that's about all it's gonna be) meanwhile, your local hobby shop closes it's doors (that cat isn't making any money and can't keep the lights on anymore).. now you are out bashing away with your new found internet ordered t-maxx.... a tree jumps in your way and you break an a-arm... what are you guys going to do now? Pay shipping on an arm that is greater than the cost of the arm? Think about what you are doing guys.. you may spend a couple of bucks more but that hobby shop is there to help you with problems that you may have (i.e. tune your stupid engine, help you rebuild, etc) let's see the internet do that!!!! SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOPS GUYS.. if you don't they won't be there when you need something small...

by the way, my local shop has the t-maxx out the door, with tax and it's cheaper than Tower's price shipped, I do believe I'll support my local guy.. he has that e-clip that I need tonight and I'm not willing to pay 6 bucks shipping on it!! and he's always there to lend a hand tuning that engine that I just can't get right or to give me a flying lesson, I don't think this is a bad deal..
Old 01-31-2006, 09:57 AM
ChevyM14

I got my t-maxx on the net and saved $62 form not buying it from my LHS. I talked to the guy at my LHS he said that they would not lower ther price for my or give a deal, so they lost my $350+. I did buy all the stuff I needed for my tmaxx from my LHS, and all the parts that I brake I go there too.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:14 AM
ProfitOfDoom

Yea you kinda feel bad,Most of my "ma-pa" hobby shops already closed around me.There are 2 hobbytowns around there prices came down,they use to be relaly high compared to internet prices.
But there about the same as where I can find a Tmaxx or something cheap,,but the only thing that kills it is Tax,,figure I wouldnt mind spending 10-20 more to get it on the spot"I hate waiting" But then when you buy a $400 RC thats another 35 bux right there just for stinking tax,,where usally on the net its a strait price.
So I dont know what you can do about it,I dont have extra 50 bux to throw away just to buy from someone to help them,If I could I would.But yea I go and buy fuel,glow plugs,parts,oils,bodies,paints crap like that from there,Its the best I can do.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:24 AM
sly2136

the only problem with supporting some local hobby shops is there is none near everyone my lhs for example is 2 hrs away thats the closest so by the time you put in the gas at near 3 bucks a gallon i will have ship to my door first any day besides 9 chances out of 10 i have to order it anyway so i still have to wait and he has no clue what he is talking about so why bother really
Old 01-31-2006, 01:10 PM
SlowDriver

I, too, am all about supporting the LHS. However there's a limit to how much extra I'm willing to spend. Buck for buck (not including taxes), and a little more I definitely going to support my shop. But if they start gouging then I'm off to the Internet. My LHS is HobbyTown USA. I think they charged me about $20 more than I could have gotten my Revo from the Internet. I'm willing to get it from them at that price for the convenience and support. When I bought my TMaxx a few years ago the LHS wanted about $80 more than Tower. I attempted to barter them down a bit but their price was locked. So they lost that transaction and I went online.

To further support my LHS I always buy my parts and supplies from them.

As far as taxes are concerned, I don't have a problem paying local taxes. It's good for the local economy to pay taxes. In fact I think our state government loses quite a bit of needed revenue due to tax-free online transactions.