Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Revo:Reverse gear shifts even when truck is in motion.

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo:Reverse gear shifts even when truck is in motion.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 10:26 AM
refkev9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo:Reverse gear shifts even when truck is in motion.

Hi I cannot understand why the reverse shifts even while the truck is in motion. It isn's supposed to be allowed by the optidrive sensor. Even though the sensor seems to work properly as the led turns colour as i move the truck!!!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:50 PM
clbphllps

Default RE: Revo:Reverse gear shifts even when truck is in motion.

Reprogram your optidrive; It's somewhere in the manual. If that doesn't work then you can get a new optidrive or an FOC. Until you fix this, I wouldn't be switching f/r while in motion or you'll be in for a headache tyring to figure out which gear is which in the pile of plastic pieces sitting in your tranny.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:23 PM
DaveG55

Is it shifting by itself. I mean w/o you flipping the switch?
Old 01-31-2006, 09:18 PM
twgreen3

One way to check to see if the opti drive is working it to turn on the truck and the receiver with out the engine running. The blue light should not come. Now move the truck in reverse by hand and you should see the blue light blinking. If it does not blink or the blue light comes on without the truck moving then it could be the sensor. The sensor is sold separately for about $20 cheaper. My LHS let me put one on my truck to see if this was it. Unfortunately it wasn't but it could have saved me some money. Hoped this helped. Good luck
Old 01-31-2006, 10:00 PM
nitro_redneck

the same thing happend to me stop driving it cus i was going pretty fast and i stripped a gear in the transmition(NOT FUN) so there is something wrong w/ some of the trucks i had to send it to traxxas and they gave me a new one.

Why cant traxxas make something that works?
Old 01-31-2006, 10:52 PM
jupiter

my revo did this also. you havent upgraded ur radio recently, have you? When I got my DX3 this began to happen alot, so before any damage occurred I just installed FOC and no problems ever again. Well not with the tranny anyways Hope you can get ur problem straightened out.