Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

question about used Revo price???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 04:39 PM
ncbasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about used Revo price???

Hey guys! I've just got a quick question, here goes... a friend of mine thought he wanted to get into RC so he bought a new Revo. Well, naturally he doesnt have the time to mess with it he thought he would so he's looking to sell it. Im thinking about buying. The truck was not broken in exactly by the book, it only has like 6 tanks threw it(including break-in), no WD-40 or after run oil has been used, and the ez start fell off his truck and broke into a few pieces but still works soooo... Anyone have any idea of what its worth??? I forgot to say what goes with it, the truck, radio, maybe the fuel.

I've been looking around on here for a short time to try and learn things on my own without posting so this is my first. I have an E-Maxx now i bought new a month or so ago but, i want to get into nitro. Thanks in advance for anyones help.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:47 PM
1Nightrider1

Default RE: question about used Revo price???

maybe about 300 $ since he did evrything wrong
Old 01-31-2006, 04:56 PM
ncbasher

Ha Ha! Thats about what i was thinking. He probly isnt gonna want me to buy it. I know the condition of it. He's probly gonna want to find someone to sucker. Oh well. Thanks 1nightrider1. Anyone else???
Old 01-31-2006, 05:25 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

I'd say $300-350...no more, and hopefully closer to $300

1) Even though he followed the instructions, you have no idea if he kept the temps in line. He probby didn't have a temp gun, and I KNOW I substantially lessened the life of my 2.5 by cooking it a bit during break in. In general, when buying a used truck...ASSUME that the engine needs replacing. If it doesn't....great, but the odds are that it's lifespan is 50% or less that of a new mill, even if it's coming from someone experienced.

2) EZ Starts CAN be picked up on ebay pretty cheap (better yet, the Unlimited Engineering Buy/sell/trade forum...those Supermaxxers ALWAYS yank those..I got a new one for like $25 shipped...handset/motor/gears/wires). But don't tell him that...say that it's $60 for new parts from Traxxas!!

So if you figure $475 new...take off $75-100 for the engine....$50 for the EZ start....$25 for general wear, and you get $300.

Dean
Old 01-31-2006, 08:13 PM
ncbasher

Ok guys, thanks for the help. Ill tell him about 3 bills and see what he says.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:24 PM
FANTOM27REVO
My Feedback: (1)

you'll probably offend him. lol but I wouldnt pay over 300 either. So are you going to get rid of your e-maxx ? I have a nitro on road Id be interested in trading.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:23 AM
ncbasher

Im not sure what im going to do with the E-Maxx just yet. I wasnt really in a hurry to buy a new truck but when he mentioned his... who knows?