Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

.18cv-rx header pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 12:50 AM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .18cv-rx header pipe?

OK im back again guys OK got it down pretty much what im gonna do,,but I see people recomend the duratrax header pipe for it,its only like 10 bux,,but I have the stinger 360 on my maxx now.Would this fit the .18? or am I better off getting just buying a new duratrax header?
Any sugestions on pipes?
Hmm I heard good things about this pipe,,most likey the one I'll go with,Now that im looking at it,it seems to come with a header,,that will fit on my .18cv-rx? http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...500&type=store
Anyone have thoughts on this pipe?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:30 PM
sly2136

Default RE: .18cv-rx header pipe?

yes it will fit right on and works great remember to only slide the pipe on the header exactly 1/2 inch you'll be fine I have two maxx's with cvrx.18's with the stingers the work great and sound nasty as hell
Old 02-01-2006, 01:02 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Hmmm,does it make a difference? Right now I got the pipe shoved pretty much all the way.I just did that so it doesnt bounce as much on my maxx,and so it dont stick out the back to much.
so i can just use the stinger header,and buy a new pipe?,If the header is too long for a pipe to fit with the stinger header,would it be a prob if I cut it back?
Old 02-01-2006, 01:12 PM
sly2136

no don't do that lol k here's a tip on that pipe take the shiny pipe off the header k take off the coupler get yourself a little hammer and close the inlet up a little at a time till it fits tight on the header once its tight put on a new coupler and zip tie it and you will have no probs with it falling off but to answer your question yes pipe length is very important it is what tunes the engine that pipe was designed to slide on 1/2 inch right where the taper starts on the pipe hope this helps
Old 02-01-2006, 01:14 PM
sly2136

the secret behind the mip 360 stinger is the header length the long header gives you a ton of low end a shorter header is for top end so don't cut the header you will create another problem