Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Stock T-maxx Vs. Stock Revo, My 2 cents

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 01:20 PM
jjklongisland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock T-maxx Vs. Stock Revo, My 2 cents

OK, here is my opinion on the T-maxx vs. Revo. Being relatively new to Nitro (since Christmas), I had the dilemma of figuring out which Nitro truck to buy. I read the posts and did some research and new that I would be buying a Traxxas brand truck. Money obvoiously doesn't grow from trees so that was also a concern. I ended up buying a T-maxx, saving 100 bucks and was totally blown away by it. I totally thought I made the right decision, and don't regret buying it. About two weeks later a friend who is also new to Nitro decided he couldn't stand watching me with my 4-wheel drive and bigger ground clearance jumping some sick jumps while he was using his Rustler. He decided to buy a Revo. Both trucks are mainly stock, other than some additional skid plates, MIP clutch, fail safe, and Moto Saver air filter. Head to head racing are pretty close in speed on pavement. I feel the Revo totally can handle sharper turns much better without rolling over. I also feel the Revo can out jump my T-maxx. It gets almost 3 feet higher on every jump than I do at the same speed. I also like that the electronic Tranny shifts into reverse alot easier. I think my T-maxx is a little bit more durable. We both bash pretty hard, (video coming soon) and I only broke a half shaft. He went through a whole diff, case and all. On long straight aways in open fields the Revo soaks up every imperfection the ground has to offer while my T-maxx kind of bounces on top. All and all I feel both trucks are great. For the money, the Revo hands down is clearly the winner... I just can't wait until I upgrade my motor to an easier tuning engine with more on the low end... Heres my 2 cents...
Old 02-01-2006, 01:52 PM
sly2136

Default RE: Stock T-maxx Vs. Stock Revo, My 2 cents

the revo isn't that bad of a truck but it just hasn't proven itself to me I have seen to many week spots on it and sloppiness. now you say the revo is better right well look at the revo man himself slayden he hasn't placed first at rc madness since he got behind the wheel of the revo the tmaxx base tnx has been dominate there the tnx is basically a tmaxx just tamiya's version of it
Old 02-01-2006, 01:59 PM
IGOTDIRT4U

but RC Madness is only one race.

how many races where revos and tnx's are both entered has the revo won?

it looks like the revo has won more than it's share of top three spots in a number of nationally recognized races.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...cat=142&id=478
Old 02-01-2006, 02:08 PM
sly2136

well you gotta compare the ratio here if 10 revo's enter and 1 tmaxx or tnx enter i mean really think about it i'm compare a race where it was as equal as it can be that i have seen the revo lose's 99% of the time i was in florida in november and i seen an electric emaxx smoke a pile of revo's at a state race not new be's that paticular race there was only one maxx rest were revo's i'm just telling what i see
Old 02-01-2006, 03:08 PM
SYCOTICK R/C

WHATS UP JOE JOE. IT AMAZES ME THAT YOU GIVE YOUR OPINION AND ALL THESE GUYS GOTTA ARGUE ABOUT WHATS BETTER WELL I HAVE THE REVO YOU HAVE THE T-MAXX AND WE ALL HAVE A PISSER NO MATTER WHO HAS WHAT. SO YOU CAN ALL GO ARGUE ABOUT WHO HAS WHAT AND WHO IS BETTER BUT ITS ALL ABOUT ENJOYING THE HOBBY WHITHOUT WHY BOTHER WASTING THE TIME AND THE MONEY. JOE DON'T FORGET TO GIVE THE RUSTLER ITS PROPS THAT THING TAKES SOME BEATING AND KEEPS GOIN.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:15 PM
sly2136

thats right man i was just stating my opinion they were on a different thread bashing tmaxx's i think there forgetting the truck that started this whole craz and you made a good point you like what you like and i like what i like everyone is different but there asking for opinions on trucks here if no one responds the site would be dead. what i have noticed in this hobby is when something new comes out its like the best thing going then it fades out and something else comes out and so on but there all good its how you care for them and use them that makes the difference like i said just opinions not arguements
Old 02-01-2006, 03:38 PM
d2cs2mdw
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Yeah, I get so much crap about my revo being a shelf queen, well I have put alot of money in it, a little over $1400 and I sitll take it out in parking lot's and stuff, it's what I want to do with it and it's my money, it's no one else's buisness...the Revo is a great truck!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:19 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if ya got a truck to run its all good! thats all that really matters, you can have tons of fun with any of em!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:24 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: jjklongisland

I think my T-maxx is a little bit more durable.
I know this is simply an opinion, but...

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you can't POSSIBLY believe that. there is NO way, absolutely NO way that the Revo is anywhere near as weak as the T-maxx. absolutely NOT possible by ANY stretch of the imagination.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:28 PM
revopqrs

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

you can't POSSIBLY believe that. there is NO way, absolutely NO way that the Revo is anywhere near as weak as the T-maxx. absolutely NOT possible by ANY stretch of the imagination.

give em time, once the bulks start breaking, and the driveshafts, trans........
Old 02-01-2006, 05:39 PM
jjklongisland

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

So you are saying that the T-maxx is a weak truck... I don't understand. All as I mean is that for the few weaks I have had my t-maxx, less has gone wrong than some of my friends trucks. I bash just as hard as they do and it takes a lick and keeps on ticking. Why don't you provide examples of what you mean. See that is what I did. I observed both trucks in action at the same time every weekend for about a month and made my opinion. I think overall both trucks have their weak points (not many) but the T-maxx in my opinion seams like it has been more durable. That is over a 1 month period, Who knows I could take the thing out tomorrow and split it in half... but right now my opinion remains as such...
Old 02-01-2006, 05:39 PM
snomax1

make sure your shocks have different oil weight,shocks big factor?proline bowtie tires are a must.maxx and rev,they r both a toss up here in alaska.its how there setup and who has the transmitter in hand?oh a os30 vg and mr revo might be taught a lesson?THEY R BOTH A TOSS UP HERE>thats my cent and a 1/2,im broke or i would spend more.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:53 PM
revopqrs

ORIGINAL: snomax1

make sure your shocks have different oil weight,shocks big factor?proline bowtie tires are a must.maxx and rev,they r both a toss up here in alaska.its how there setup and who has the transmitter in hand?oh a os30 vg and mr revo might be taught a lesson?THEY R BOTH A TOSS UP HERE>thats my cent and a 1/2,im broke or i would spend more.
esqueeze me? whos gonna teach me a lesson? in what? im not a very good racer, but bring it on if ya wanna school me in bashing!! got some vid?
Old 02-01-2006, 05:59 PM
d2cs2mdw
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

They are both strong truck's, case closed, next.......... lol

Mason
Old 02-01-2006, 06:10 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Full scale or models....it's always the same......Mustang vs Cougar....Camaro vs FireBird....Revo vs T-Maxx.....
It's all just fun!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:11 PM
moorek550

i bet my maxx is equal to a stock revo now, but mine is no where near stock anymore lol
Old 02-01-2006, 06:24 PM
FANTOM27REVO

how did he shred his diff cae and all ? Landing under power. Yea, you bet its gonna break. Thats why adjusting your slipper clutch is so important. I know that the T-Maxx is what put traxxas back on the R/C scene, so you cant really knock the t-maxx. Overall its an ok truck. But basically in 2006 when you buy a Revo, youre buying 2 year old technology. When you buy a T-maxx in 2006 you are buying 7 year old technology. I believe they came out in 1999 ?

And yea, the diffs are a weak point IMO. Sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you dont. Personally Id go get a pack of shims from the hobby shop and re-shim the diffs to be sure. Think about it, some dude from " indonesia " makin 35 cents a day is assembling these. Double check the work. Sucks to have to tear apart a new truck, but atleast you'll be well aquainted with it when youre done.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Blackhawk4

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...cat=143&id=484

1. Mike Battaile – Traxxas Revo
2. Keith Hadley - Traxxas Revo
3. Bobby Moore - Traxxas Revo
4. Steve Slayden - Traxxas Revo
5. Ron Anderson - Traxxas Revo
6. Roy Pitchlynn - Traxxas Revo
7. Ross Denny - Traxxas Revo
8. David Orner - Traxxas Revo
9. Dan Gavere - Traxxas Revo
10. Craig Hamilton - Traxxas Revo
11. Andy Smolnik - CEN
12. William Copley - CEN
13. Jeff Schwartz - Traxxas Revo
14. Jay Krug - Traxxas Revo
15. Danny Beers – T-Maxx-based hybrid

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...477&artlang=en

this show how great the revo all these trucks had hop ups i agree the tnx, lst, t-maxx are all great trucks but the facts show revo just dominates
Old 02-01-2006, 09:21 PM
sly2136

there is my point 12 out of 15 trucks were revo's on tmaxx and the guy probably couldn't even drive now take 5 tmaxx's and 5 revo's with the same caliber of driver skill and see the out come its obvious if only revo's enter a race they will win but put it in an honest race half and half and see
Old 02-01-2006, 09:30 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: sly2136

there is my point 12 out of 15 trucks were revo's on tmaxx and the guy probably couldn't even drive now take 5 tmaxx's and 5 revo's with the same caliber of driver skill and see the out come its obvious if only revo's enter a race they will win but put it in an honest race half and half and see

LOL... even the CEN's scored higher than the T-maxx.... where's your proof?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:01 PM
sly2136

there again thats one race can't base one truck and one race be real
Old 02-01-2006, 10:32 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: sly2136

there again thats one race can't base one truck and one race be real
So, show us where the T-maxx has taken first place... over Revos, TNXs, LST's and other trucks... that's what "proof" is... Blackhawk4 posted proof of his claims.. where's yours?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:40 AM
jjklongisland

I knew this post was going to turn into a pissing match... You guys think way to deep into this stuff. I only posted this to help people out who were new in Nitro like myself and had the same problem I had, do I spend the extra hundred bucks and have my wife give me the riot act or should I just go with the T-maxx which has proven itself over the years.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:56 AM
plaidfish

Both trucks rock...I think what sly is saying is there are more Revos in the race circuit so they have a statics advantage.....higher number of one truck running means it has more chances to win.....I've seen races w/ equal numbers (close enough anyway) and it ALL came down to driver....I saw Mr. moore race a bone stock revo right out of teh box at mills pond and whoop ass....BUT I've also seen him get his ass handed to him while he had a hopped up truck and my friend beat him w/ a stock LSP w/ an RG in it....so there's so many factors you guys are guestimating and arguing over....just stop and go run your trucks instead of pissing on em.....
Old 02-02-2006, 11:16 AM
supertib

OMG hearing the T-Maxx may be more durable the the Revo ? i have a T-Maxx and they are not durable in any way shape or form LOL When you compare a T-maxx to a Savage the difference in durability is amazing, the Savage is tough as nails

anyways many of the loca Revo guys here are saying the Revo is actualy tougher then the Savage.. I myself don't think the Revo is that tough, but honestly with enough people here praising the Revo's toughness I am curious.....But I remember before the Revo we had T-Maxx owners claiming the T-Maxx was tougher then the Savage( not even close ) .

I am going to big block the Revo and give it chance, I just hope the people here who are vouching for it are true and not just a bunch of fan boys....

I have run 15 gallons thru a Savage and about 10 thru a T-Maxx, I can say without a doupt or question the Savage is 100X more durable.......I will put some gallons on the Revo and make a true unbiased comparison....I personaly don't thin the Revo is as tough, but even if its 1/2 as tough I will be okay, as My Savage has taken some serious abuse and kept on ticking....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.