Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo or Savage 25

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 03:01 PM
cayenneguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo or Savage 25

Hi guys,

Just sold my street nitro RC car and currently either looking at a Kyosho buggy or nitro truck.

I've now decided to go the truck way but don't know if I should look at the Savage or Revo ?

Please help.

Guy
Old 02-01-2006, 03:22 PM
kodie

Default RE: Revo or Savage 25

i would go for savage 25 but its discontuied but u prbally still could get one if u want. or even better wait for the savage X to come out!
Old 02-01-2006, 03:26 PM
JQA3

go with the revo or a t-maxx. My brothers Savage 25 sucked, he jumped it and landed upsidedown. he twisted the chassis and shattered the engine block. I did the same thing with my BBMaxx and it scratched my head up.

SAVAGES SUCK
Old 02-01-2006, 03:35 PM
d2cs2mdw
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Revo man, it look's with perform's great, I pulled that whimpy 2.5 out and put a O.S. 18 TM in there, a savage 25 wont touch it!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:10 PM
DaveG55

You ask this on a Traxxas board, what do you really expect the answer to be? If you ask on the HPI board you'll get another answer.
I own a T-Maxx, a Savage and an LST and I'll tell you that I'd buy the Revo although that new Savage X is looking pretty good too.
I'd tell you the same thing on the HPI board too.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Airpressure

I own a Savage and a Revo and honestly I can say I like my Revo better in all ways.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:29 PM
ccs77

I own a Savy 25 and love it to death. They are indestructable. I also bought a Revo for racing...not done breaking it in yet though.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Airpressure

Well the Revo is more versatile it excels in more than one area. The Savage excels only in bashing
Old 02-01-2006, 04:58 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Revo and a Savage. I love them both. If I had to choose one, it would be a hard decision. The Revo is faster, hands down. The little .15 that comes in the Revo cranks out some major woopass. It is also more maneuverable in the air. But the Savage is a tough and fun truck to drive. Kind of reminds me of the real 1:1 monster trucks. I don't race, only bash around and I don't care if my 7 year old zooms past me in the Revo, so the Savage suits me just fine. Either truck you buy, you will have a blast. But if you are interested in racing, get the Revo or atleast wait for the new Savage X.

P.S. - Anyone who tries to give advice by simply saying one of the two trucks SUCKS is not helping anyone. You are a brainwashed hater and there is no salvation for you... If you are too biased to consider anything but what you know, you will never achieve anything.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:12 PM
ccs77

ORIGINAL: alvinl

I have a Revo and a Savage. I love them both. If I had to choose one, it would be a hard decision. The Revo is faster, hands down. The little .15 that comes in the Revo cranks out some major woopass. It is also more maneuverable in the air. But the Savage is a tough and fun truck to drive. Kind of reminds me of the real 1:1 monster trucks. I don't race, only bash around and I don't care if my 7 year old zooms past me in the Revo, so the Savage suits me just fine. Either truck you buy, you will have a blast. But if you are interested in racing, get the Revo or atleast wait for the new Savage X.

P.S. - Anyone who tries to give advice by simply saying one of the two trucks SUCKS is not helping anyone. You are a brainwashed hater and there is no salvation for you... If you are too biased to consider anything but what you know, you will never achieve anything.

Just my 2 cents worth.

+1 Don't hate...

Niether of these trucks are bad. The Savage has been proven tough and the Revo is a proven racer.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:21 PM
revopqrs

[8D]
Old 02-02-2006, 07:01 AM
mobster

dude just get the revo , even if you get the savage 28ss the stock revo will still beat it
Old 02-03-2006, 07:49 PM
freez

revo , and dont think about it , get it
Old 02-03-2006, 09:05 PM
SYCOTICK R/C

Just bought a revo about a month ago awsome truck handles great jumps awsome very reactive in the air with gs and brake. I hear the savages are indestructable and don't handle as good but like I said I heard. Revo is an awsome truck.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:27 PM
SkylineGTR

good thing im not a "hater" or biased against one of the 2, I just remember my group, its a special little clan of people who care for one another, we have a slogan, it is "FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS BUY HPI"
Old 02-03-2006, 11:45 PM
cayenneguy

Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback.

Went to my local hobby shop and have gone ahead and purchased a REVO.

One last question, what do you thinkg of the TQ-3 three-channel radio system ? I hear it's not the greatest.

Thanks !

cayenneguy
Old 02-04-2006, 01:01 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: cayenneguy

Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback.

Went to my local hobby shop and have gone ahead and purchased a REVO.

One last question, what do you thinkg of the TQ-3 three-channel radio system ? I hear it's not the greatest.

Thanks !

cayenneguy
An FM radio... and whatnot is always better... but, the TQ3 has done fine for most of us.... after a year... I'm still using it... a new radio would be sweet... but unnecessary. If you ask me... it's the best AM radio system out...
Old 02-04-2006, 02:26 AM
RBd Revo

Congrats on your choice. The Revo is a great truck but so is the Savage. Each built with a different purpose in mind and each able to be modded to handle other arenas.

I own 2 Revo's and when time comes to buy another truck, the Revo is still my first choice.

Whilst the Revo does take a little $$$ to become a good basher, the Savage takes a lot of $$$ to be a good racer.

Just read the various forums, ask the questions and enjoy the truck
Old 02-04-2006, 10:28 AM
DaveG55

I like the Traxxas radio system. In fact, I put one in my Savage when I added reverse. They are inexpensive (as opposed to cheap) and reasonably reliable. It only has a couple of things you should be aware of. First it is AM and so is more prone to interference. Second, also since it's AM, there are only like 6 channels avaliable. That means that you could find yourself in a situation where two or more people are on the same channel. If that happens, only one can operate at a time w/o swapping x-tals in both the rx and tx. If you intend to race you should consider an FM system at the very least. A synthizied system or a 900mhz system would be a better, but more expensive, choice.
In any case, no matter what radio you have buy a failsafe (unless the radio comes with one built in) for your truck. It's the best money you'll spend on a hop-up.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:02 AM
alvinl

I still use the stock radio that came with the Revo. It works fine for what my son and I do. The only problem I do have is keeping the battery door on. It will just pop off while you are driving. I use velcro stips to hold it on. Looks tacky, but works.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:07 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: alvinl

I still use the stock radio that came with the Revo. It works fine for what my son and I do. The only problem I do have is keeping the battery door on. It will just pop off while you are driving. I use velcro stips to hold it on. Looks tacky, but works.
Yeah, they sure could improve that latch. I've got one that works fine and one is duct taped on.
Is duct tape tacky or chic?? I never can remember
Old 02-04-2006, 11:23 AM
PillowPants

It's funny i see this thread.. I was just suggesting to my little brother that he sell his savage that he has a RE.32 in and a bunch of other crap, keep the re.32 and sell it as a roller, then buy a revo and a big block conversion kit and slap the RE.32 in there! His savage sucks.. Talk about a brick with a motor strapped on...
Old 02-04-2006, 10:03 PM
ccs77

Just took TQ and 1st in the Sportsman MT class with my Revo first weekend out...out of the box it was 2 seconds a lap faster than my SAvy which is well kitted.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:46 PM
DrkRos3

if it was up to me i would go with the savage ss 4.6 i was working on one today at work and that thing is so nice. it runs sweet. its has the power when you need it cause i fliped it like 3 times today. so thats the truck that i would go with . the revo is nice but there is a lot you still have to do to it if you ever wanted to race it and not that much that you can upgrade on them. i would say the savege. oh and by the way they are not discontuied we still sell them at work(hobbypeople) the savage 25 limited is now discontuied but not the regular 25
Old 02-04-2006, 10:48 PM
DrkRos3

oh and TheHamburglar thats the worst thing you can do to a revo. putting in a .32 will do nothing cause you wont go any where. your tires will spin and you will flip it every time you hit the gas. and if you do getting it going your still going to flip it. we put a .28 in the revo and it did nothing but flips. it sucked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.