Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Wobbleing Wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 06:08 PM
lanerbrainer205

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wobbleing Wheels!

Ok today i got some new proline 40 series beadlock commando rims and masher tires, assembled them, and started riding around with them on. After I re-tuned the truck and got used to the feel of the new tires i started to go full speed, and once i did i noticed that my wheels were wobbleing like crazy. So i took them off and found that the pillow balls were really loose, i thought that was the problem. then i put them back on and re-ran it and they are still doing it!!![sm=punching.gif] HELP ME PLEASE!! i will take any advice right now.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Airpressure

Default RE: Wobbleing Wheels!

Stop writing that big!

Did you glue the tires to the rims?
Old 02-01-2006, 06:21 PM
lanerbrainer205

No i didn't but i thot u didnt have to with beadlock rims, thats why i got them. do u think i should glue them?
Old 02-01-2006, 06:27 PM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

does your hex wiggle on the axle. even if it does a little with the rim and tire on will look like it wiggles/wobbles alot
Old 02-01-2006, 06:41 PM
lanerbrainer205

I checked to see if it wiggles but the only movement is from the pillow balls and they only wiggle like .5mm
Old 02-01-2006, 06:48 PM
LJ NITRO

where does the pillow ball wiggle. in the carrier or where it screws into the arm? if its in the carrier the tighten that cap down til it don't wiggle but not too tight to move (turning or suspension travel)
Old 02-01-2006, 07:10 PM
lanerbrainer205

i just tightened it and that helped a little but i just ran it again and i can see plain as day (even tho its night time in GA right now) that the wheels are still wobbling! If this helps at all this is my set up. [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/shopping_cart.php]my setup[/link] I payed $160 and now im regreting it..... please help me....[]
Old 02-01-2006, 07:17 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what truck?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:20 PM
lanerbrainer205

My truck is a REVO! I'm not to happy with it now so im thinking about selling my wheels, tires and adapters. Or i wont if someone could solve this delimma.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:22 PM
LJ NITRO

lol that link was for your shopping cart. no one will see what you have. you might was to do some testing to see if the wheels are messed up. like up them on something they ca rotate on and see if its off. are all 4 wobbleing or just 1?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Wevie

I'm not familiar with the masher rims - do they use the stock hex adapters and nylon lock nuts or are they 23mm?

Right after buying my Revo I was breaking the stock plastic wheel hexes. I bought some HPI aluminum wheel hexes from the LHS. I stopped breaking them, but I found that the ID of the HPI hex was a bit larger than the stock plastic hex. This caused wheel wobble no matter how carefully I installed the wheel.

I switched back to the stock platic ones and the wheel wobble went away. I will order aluminum Traxxas brand hexes to solve both problems.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 PM
LJ NITRO

yea the perma extended hexs cause wobble too
Old 02-01-2006, 07:32 PM
lanerbrainer205

Well all for wheels are wobbling the rear more that the front. i dont understand what ur saying tho maybe a typo? "like up them on something they ca rotate on and see if its off." could you restate what ur trying to say?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:36 PM
LJ NITRO

lol sorry. when i said that i was thiking that you had 1 not all four. what i meant was put them on a pencil or something so you could spin them to see if they were molded wrong. since its all 4 i would say that those hexs wiggle enough to make the rims and tries wiggle drastically. thats the same thing i delt with using the Perma extended hexs
Old 02-01-2006, 07:38 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you shim the hexs? if not you should add shims behing the cross pins. that will reduce wobble quite a bit. also when i switched to the rpm axle carriers it help even more! but there will allways be a small amount of wobble, the bearings loosen up and cause it.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:41 PM
lanerbrainer205

Do u have a revo? so ur saying getting a new set of hex adapters would fix the problem? if so wich ones?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:44 PM
lanerbrainer205

Actually i took the shims out because they seemed to lock up the bearings and cause drag. So ur saying if i get some RPM axle carriers then that should help?