Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

ofna failsafe-constantly says low battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Indecline099

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna failsafe-constantly says low battery

i just installed my ofna failsafe, and it constantly blinks to indicate a low battery, when i just fully charged the rx battery, what could be wrong with it, and does anyone else have this prob
Old 02-01-2006, 07:35 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ofna failsafe-constantly says low battery

well assuming its a revo its because of the opti drive. it messes with a failsafe. put it before the opti crap, or remove the little black child protection devise called the opti drive. all it does it prevent you from shifting into revers while moving. personnally i can handle that! ive seen more reverse gears ruined because of the opti drive than without it. sometimes it twitches while running and it destroys the reverse gears.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:54 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Finally!
Someone else that calls it like it is! I had never thought of the "child protection device...." but that is exactly what it is.

ORIGINAL: revopqrs

well assuming its a revo its because of the opti drive. it messes with a failsafe. put it before the opti crap, or remove the little black child protection devise called the opti drive. all it does it prevent you from shifting into revers while moving. personnally i can handle that! ive seen more reverse gears ruined because of the opti drive than without it. sometimes it twitches while running and it destroys the reverse gears.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Indecline099

ok so that all that the opti drive does is stop it from shifting to reverse when your in drive, it has nothing to do with shifting into second gear, and what steps do i take to remove the optidrive

also, after i set my failsafe it works once then it wont work again, i did the test of turning off the radio, and it doesnt apply the breaks

sorry for the newb questions

thanks
Old 02-01-2006, 08:32 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Unplug everything going to the optdrive, and plug it in, withyour failsafe, to the receiver. DO NOT plug th optidrive sensor into anything.....just leave it loose in the electrical box, tie it up with a wire tie....or cut it off. REMOVE the optidrive box.

Charge your battery, and adjust your failsafe.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Indecline099

but what about the plugs that are already in the reciver, what do i do with those
Old 02-01-2006, 09:43 PM
twgreen3

You could do all of that if you want. However, there is a typo in the manual that came with the ofna fail safe. When it is flashing it is scanning and is its normal operation. When it is solid then there is a low bat. problem. I called ofna yesterday and that is what they told me.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Indecline099

thats good to hear, but what about it not working after i program it, it only applys the breaks once, then after that it doesnt do anything when i turn the radio off, also what is ofnas number
Old 02-02-2006, 08:22 AM
SYCOTICK R/C

THATS NOT WHY IT BLINKS LOW BATT I HAVE THE SAME FAILSAFE ON MY RUSTLER IT DOES THE SAME THING NEW BATT RECHARGABLES ECT. NO CLUE WHY.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:30 AM
jjklongisland

ORIGINAL: SYCOTICK R/C

THATS NOT WHY IT BLINKS LOW BATT I HAVE THE SAME FAILSAFE ON MY RUSTLER IT DOES THE SAME THING NEW BATT RECHARGABLES ECT. NO CLUE WHY.
Because your Rustler has INFINITE HATE!!!

(Inside joke between myself and Sycotick)
Old 02-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Indecline099

ORIGINAL: Indecline099

thats good to hear, but what about it not working after i program it, it only applys the breaks once, then after that it doesnt do anything when i turn the radio off, also what is ofnas number
im still having this problem
Old 02-02-2006, 09:19 PM
nitrotechtoo

I had the same problem with my revo. plug the fail safe into opti drive throttle servo port and the other side goes to the throttle servo then reprogram should work after that
Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 PM
moorek550

mine dose that, always blink as low battery, im running 5 cell battery and all, it still woks good for me though.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Indecline099

dude nitrotech your a flippin genious, thank you so much, its finally working, only thing though is when i turn off both my reciver and my radio then i turn on my radio first then my reciver is applys the breaks till i move then wheels, then it loosens up
Old 02-03-2006, 04:29 PM
nitrotechtoo

Thanks. make sure you turn off the truck first, then the radio. when starting up turn on radio then truck
Old 05-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

Just installed ofna micro failsafe (with opti-drive) and set it and it blinks and even though the "instructions" say that the blinking means low battery I know mine is charged so I turned off my radio to see if it works and it does so i'm going to leave it blinking.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:53 PM
ondarocks

It's true I called Ofna myself as well. Mine blinks all the time even with a full charge. The difference is how fast it blinks. If it blinks slow like once every two seconds it means everything is normal. If it blinks fast (like twice in 1 second) then your battery is low. If it's solid then it's in failsafe. Resetting or not, Opti-drive installed or not it does the same thing. I punted my Opti-drive.... Best thing I did.

If you wanna know if it's working correctly just shut the remote off and it should go into failsafe. I you want to see it blink fast cause of battery loss, then leave it on and watch it happen as the battery drains.

Hope my input helps.