Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

my rx battery in my revo only lasts 2-3 tanks

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Indecline099

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my rx battery in my revo only lasts 2-3 tanks

i thought that this thing was supposed to last 2-3 HOURS..., mine only lasts 2-3 tanks then it starts blinking every so often indicating a low battery, even though the steering seems to run the same, could it just be the battery or is there a little break in period for the battery pack
Old 02-01-2006, 07:44 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: my rx battery in my revo only lasts 2-3 tanks

NiMH packs while not develping a memory like NiCds.....or so we're told.....really perform best if discharged to .9vdc/cell before charging. This is gone into in more detail at
http://nitroobsession.proboards79.com/index.cgi
The biggest problem is the OEM charger....junk! Get a good charger/discharger. There are many on the market from about 65.00-130.00
Personal experience has proven to me, units with built in dichargers, and programable charge rates are best.....but a LEAST get one that has a built in discharger.

I'm getting 3+ hours on the 1100mah oem pack.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Indecline099

is there anything else i can do, i really dont want to spend 65 bucks on a charger, could it be the pack
Old 02-01-2006, 08:41 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Nope...and it will get worse..till it only lasts 1/2 tank....

I've never had such battery performnce as I'm experiencing today.....but it doesn't come cheap....130.00 for Triton charger, 140.00 for Otima Red Top battery, 40.00 for battery tender jr. But I don't "feild charge" anything any more......receiver battery, transmitter battery, starter wand battery.....ALL still good after burning 1/2 GALLON of fuel.....worth every penny, at least to me.
The Triton charges 'em all.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:55 PM
canadiannascar

[link]http://maxamps.com/index.html?lmd=38743.678854[/link]
Old 02-01-2006, 09:01 PM
lanerbrainer205

Ok one thing i recomend is to go to traxxas.com and go thru and do whatever the tuning guide says, but mainly everthing having to do with steering, then when all steering mods are done do the radio box mod to eliminate the on/off switch, so that the battery doesnt have to send power thro excess wire also completely remove one steering servo, in my opinion the steering is basically the same after the mods are done. also all of these mods reduce tons of weight, therefore increasing overall performance! here is a link to the tuning guide read thru the whole thing thoroughly! [link=http://www.traxxas.com/support/index.php?action=artikel&cat=143&id=472&artlang=en]Chassis & Steering Set-up Guide[/link]