Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Exhaust for OS .18 TM T-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 03:59 PM
XGibbyX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust for OS .18 TM T-Maxx

I am looking to purchase an OS .18 TM for my T-MAXX and also wanted to upgrade my exhaust pipe. I do not like the side exhaust pipe that comes with the stock T-MAXX as it covers the body with the dirt and oil. I have seen some exhaust pipes that you can attach where the pipe faces to the rear; some have dual exhausts too. Does anyone have or could recommend an exhaust pipe that will work with the OS .18 TM where the pipe points off of the back of the T-MAXX??? I contacted OS and they stated that they can not recommend any pipes for legal issues and the OS .18 TM will only work with the stock T-MAXX pipes. I am new to this forum and hope I am posting this question in the right area. Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Mikeybigs

Default RE: Exhaust for OS .18 TM T-Maxx

RDLogics makes rear exit pipes and a couple other companys do as well. Search on tower hobbies or ebay.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

I dunno...I've heard that rear exhaust pipes, specifically the RD Logics, kinda suck. Performance-wise, to some degree (not as good as most aftermarket side-pipes), and maybe more critical, when you wheelie/land funny, the tips dig into the ground & fill w/dirt, killing the engine & creating a hassle to clean out.

I think a term was coined specifically for these pipes...the 'cookie-cutter' effect!! Again, I have no 1st hand experience, but that's what I heard.

I recommend a nice side pipe (I & lots of others have enjoyed the sirio big-bore: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDVM2&P=0

And as for the oil spray...pick up a rubber stinger/extender (I forget the real name): http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD635&P=0 They work great...send it straight down and/or a little forward. They don't rob power, but they do change your tune a bit...you'll have to tweak your needles slightly. But I love mine!!

Dean
Old 02-03-2006, 05:20 AM
XGibbyX

Thanks for the information
Old 02-03-2006, 06:42 AM
Airpressure

Whatever you do don't go with the dual rear exhausts. It is impossible to run a dual exit pipe without running lean.
It runs real lean because a dual exit pipe doesn't provide enough back pressure since most of it is being shot out of the extra exit.