Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-maxx tranny output dirrection

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Mikeybigs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx tranny output dirrection

I replaced my Diff's and I dont know which way the tranny output shafts turn, when going forward. right now I can turn both rear wheels forward by hand and the shafts that connect to the tranny turn counter clockwise. Is this ok? If not is there a problem with just running the truck in reverse to make the tranny turn the correct way.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:42 AM
oc off road

Default RE: T-maxx tranny output dirrection

If it is not spinning correctly you have put your diffs in backwards most likely.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:10 PM
tmaxx1701

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Take your body off and look at the chassis from the top. When looking at the front diff you want the largest part of the diff to be on the right as shown below. The rear diff has to have the large part on the left side of the chassis to make the front and rear wheels turn the same direction.

To answer your other question, when looking from the front of the T-Maxx, the motor rotates counter clockwise so the spur gear will rotate clockwise. In forward the transmission output shafts will also rotate clockwise and with the ring gear to the right side of the pinion in the front diff this will make the tires move the truck forwards.

The reverse gear ratio in the transmission is lower than forward so if both diffs are in backwards you could run with the trans in reverse but your truck would be slower and have more torque at take off which could cause more wheelies.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Mikeybigs

Ok thanks a lot I check everything looks good.