Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

AXIAL .28 and .32

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 12:05 PM
FANTOM27REVO
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AXIAL .28 and .32

Anybody seen these ? Used them ? Know any pro's and con's about them. Im looking for an economically priced bigblock. I just dont want to buy something that I cant get parts for . Like when I was sucked into the Collari 30 craze..... but I was brand new into R/C then... so I was an ignoid to world of R/C engine.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Deandome

Default RE: AXIAL .28 and .32

What do you mean by 'sucked into the collari .30 craze'???

I hope you're not trying to infer that those engines don't offer parts/aren't well supported.....THEY DO AND THEY ARE!!!

http://werksracing.com/query.do?manu...isplacement=32

And speaking of companies peessing people off by not offering parts & support...you're beloved FANTOM created one ot the most egregious cases of this with their super-popular .18 T-Maxx drop-in (I know you have the .27, though!!). All of a sudden...POOF, it's discontinued & they have/had ZERO stock of sleeves/pistons/etc. for people.

THAT sucked....Werks seems to have their crap together!!!

Dean
Old 02-03-2006, 07:19 PM
FANTOM27REVO

I dont want this to be a flame war but Werks actually did not have thier crap together when I bought mine. The motor was barely on the market. I kept checking their website for parts availability with no luck . I broke the pullstart a couple times until I made my own cord. After I made my own cord I pulled the knot through the spool. This was even when I was preheating the engine with a heat gun to 160 degrees with the glowplug loosened a bit. Then I tried to buy a rotostart conversion for it ( when I got the engine new it was out of stock ) They didnt have that either. So I made my own, and that worked ok. Right up until the one way locked up and spun that shaft in the backplate at engine speed. Personally I think they are junk, all it needs it the right backer plate and it'd be good. I bet it doesnt have 2 quarts of fuel through it. Wanna buy it ?
Old 02-03-2006, 07:23 PM
FANTOM27REVO

oh, and about Fantom. Not impressed with that too much either, I have 2 21's and a 27. After I bought them I heard they quit making motors for awhile due to a sloppy maunufacturer. Who knows, I wish I had spent the money and bought an RB728 right from the start. Just because I have some of them doesnt mean I think they are the cats ***** either.