Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo vs T-maxx Durability Whining

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 12:11 PM
SYCOTICK R/C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo vs T-maxx Durability Whining

All you guys constantly crying my Revo is better than you T-maxx and so on and such. Well you guys want something to cry about here is somethin. I own a Revo and a Rustler. Two of my friends have T-Maxx. We go out on the weekends and do some serious bashin. So far every truck has broken at one point or another but all good trucks. Well me and my friends took out my rusty for some bashin. I personally think it tougher than a Revo or a T-maxx. Now before you start cryin let me try to explain how hard we bashed it. We took the rusty and found a roof with about a 20-25 foot peak. Started at one side and launched it off the peak 2 times still ran and drove perfectly. We then proceded to find a 15 foot high storage container and build a 4 foot ramp on top of it. Then launched it off it 4 times aside from bashin in the woods off some 4 foot high motorcross jumps. Keep in mind this truck doesn't have half the suspension of the Maxx or Revo. Well its still runnin and drivin today. Oh trust me vids are comin soon. We just need to bash a little harder with it at least till it breaks somethin to disable it. So go ahean cry and whine as much as you want I am lookin foward to it. I am into this hobby to have fun not to argue over whats better. And me and my buddies have a blast no matter who is drivin what.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:03 PM
jjklongisland

Default RE: Revo vs T-maxx Durability Whining

yeah
Old 02-03-2006, 02:53 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so your sayin you just posed this to start an arguement? dude you can have the rusty, its all yours!lol..
Old 02-03-2006, 03:10 PM
nitroracer20

haha revopqrs, good one.

Lotta ppl from li on this board.

I dont think nyone really cares though syctocwhateverrc
Old 02-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

And a Mini-T can go even HIGHER without breaking!!!

Ya see...LIGHT trucks are actually a lot less likely to break during falls than heavier ones. It's called physics.

Ya want a truck for jumps & dirt? A stadium truck like the Jato/XXX/even the rustler are great. But if you want something that can run in tall grass & other rough terrain (and literally crush your rusty buddies), ya need a MT.

"Tough" is relative...a 30lb 1/5 scale truck can be built like a tank, but a beefy arm will snap like a toothpick if it hits a track border funny...weight + speed= 'EFFED UP!! A featherweight mini could get dropped from a 3 story building & would have a good chance of surviving unscathed.

Dean
Old 02-03-2006, 03:41 PM
TGreg24

lol thank you the maxx is a great lil truck
Old 02-03-2006, 04:21 PM
jjklongisland

How fast r those mini t's... can they keep up with a stock maxx? just curious, never seen one run before

ORIGINAL: Deandome

And a Mini-T can go even HIGHER without breaking!!!

Ya see...LIGHT trucks are actually a lot less likely to break during falls than heavier ones. It's called physics.

Ya want a truck for jumps & dirt? A stadium truck like the Jato/XXX/even the rustler are great. But if you want something that can run in tall grass & other rough terrain (and literally crush your rusty buddies), ya need a MT.

"Tough" is relative...a 30lb 1/5 scale truck can be built like a tank, but an arm will snap if it lands funny. A featherweight mini could get dropped from a 3 story building & would have a good chance of surviving unscathed.

Dean
Old 02-03-2006, 04:41 PM
goodin

IM not sure about the Mini T but last months issue of Car Action had a write up about the Mini LST. They claim a top speed of 18 mph. I would say the mini t would be alittle higher...25 maybe? Nowhere near the 40 mph of a max.

I think lighter trucks are JUST AS likely to break as bigger trucks. Eventough they are smaller they are made with smaller, less durable parts...so it evens out the whole weight ratio argument. Just my opinion though for what its worth.

Goodin
Old 02-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Deandome

A Mini-T with a brushless motor can easily hit 40-50mph. It will SMOKE any nitro MT made..in top speed and accelleration.

They're very common, Tekin & Mamba each make systems (ESC + motor) for about $130 (the same price as the truck!!).

A stock mini t, or one with an upgraded brushed motor can hit about 25mph, max.

Dean
Old 02-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Deandome

I guess it varies....a XXX going 30mph is just as likely to snap an arm as a Maxx going 30. But "FALLING" is what I'm kinda talking about. I saw a XXX at a skate park hitting asphalt from 8 feet without damage....a MT could NOT get away with that. There's an infamous video (that I have, it's a XXX Main one!!) of some guy (Drake?) jumping HIS HOUSE w/a buggy, and all that happened is the shell popped off.

So I'll qualify my theory by saying small/light trucks can withstand GRAVITY-DRIVEN IMPACTS much better than big/heavy ones.

ORIGINAL: goodin

I think lighter trucks are JUST AS likely to break as bigger trucks. Eventough they are smaller they are made with smaller, less durable parts...so it evens out the whole weight ratio argument. Just my opinion though for what its worth.

Goodin
Old 02-03-2006, 05:19 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Deandome

A Mini-T with a brushless motor can easily hit 40-50mph. It will SMOKE any nitro MT made..in top speed and accelleration.

They're very common, Tekin & Mamba each make systems (ESC + motor) for about $130 (the same price as the truck!!).

A stock mini t, or one with an upgraded brushed motor can hit about 25mph, max.

Dean
I don't know if I can agree with that... friend has a RC18t w/ mamba and 3-cell LiPo... it's fast... but against my TM323 Revo... it's not fast enough... I accidentally ran him over when we were racing... LOL
Old 02-03-2006, 09:02 PM
SYCOTICK R/C

I atually wrote this becas so many people start stupid arguments on good topics I figured I would give them something stupid to argue about and wast there time. I have a revo an love it I like my rusty too. Its all about fun!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:28 AM
thenewguy821
My Feedback: (12)

I don't know if I can agree with that... friend has a RC18t w/ mamba and 3-cell LiPo... it's fast... but against my TM323 Revo... it's not fast enough... I accidentally ran him over when we were racing... LOL
Now THAT I would like to see video of. There are a couple different factors here. What Mamba set-up was it? obviously, it was only the 4200 or 5400 motor. The 6800 Kv Mamba with a 3 cell LiPo will do about 50 MPH, and the Mamba CompX package (8000 Kv) has been proven to go over 60 MPH with a 3 cell LiPo. Also, was the Mamba geared properly?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:53 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: thenewguy821

Now THAT I would like to see video of. There are a couple different factors here. What Mamba set-up was it? obviously, it was only the 4200 or 5400 motor. The 6800 Kv Mamba with a 3 cell LiPo will do about 50 MPH, and the Mamba CompX package (8000 Kv) has been proven to go over 60 MPH with a 3 cell LiPo. Also, was the Mamba geared properly?
LOL.. unfortunately, no video... and he's since sold it... I think it was the situation, too.. but then again... my Revo is geared for 48mph... and he was having issues with his body flying up and acting as a sail... which probably slowed him down... that little truck was fast... don't get me wrong... but... it was quite hillarious when I ran him over (I thought he was ahead of me... or behind me... but he wasn't...) I don't know what package or gearing he had in it... I just know I ran it over... and I felt bad (didn't break anything... but ran it over nonetheless)

Old 02-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Airpressure

Haha thats a good one did you get upside down?
Old 02-04-2006, 02:55 PM
IGOTDIRT4U

The 6800 Kv Mamba with a 3 cell LiPo will do about 50 MPH, and the Mamba CompX package (8000 Kv) has been proven to go over 60 MPH with a 3 cell LiPo. Also, was the Mamba geared properly?
been there, done that with the compx on an rc18b

use the 60/14 combo and the AE plate to accomodate the 60
Old 02-04-2006, 07:04 PM
bassnvt

hehe you folks are NUTZ!!! but i do have to agree with some of this. it is fun to go all out jump as high as ya can and see what breaks. and i for one dont really care what someone else is driving as long as they like it and are having fun, isnt that why we do this? to have fun? hehehe i know it why i have been and ive been breaking r/c toys for 45 years now lol just today my bud, his son and i took our street force cars out and we ended up running like nascar. with tony behind jeff and jeff flipping and blaming tony! but my bud son waaaas going to slow in front of me and when he got up on 2 wheels in a corner i couldnt stop my car from going under his and rolling him hehe. but it was a fun day lol but we do that with our trucks too hehe
just had to give my 2 cents guys
Old 02-05-2006, 01:09 AM
kdolloff

I have a mini t and they only go about 13 mph out of the box on the aa's. My only does about 20mph-25mph and i have a 6 cell battery pack, Trinity motor and bearings. Mini t s are horribly slow out of the box.
How fast r those mini t's... can they keep up with a stock maxx?
Old 02-05-2006, 11:01 AM
CadillacDTS2001

are you kidding i got a mini to dooing like way over 60 mph i had a 58 tooth spur and a 17toth pinion and a 3 cell lipo and wow i say like in the mid 65 ishes and i could easy out rum and t maxx or revo
Old 02-05-2006, 11:55 AM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brushless minis haul for sure! and they can take some serious abuse. heres a jumping vid, my 30 revo and 2 rc18t with the mambas.
http://www.rcpics.net/img/71230

and heres one of my brushless mini lst, it a hyperion 6000 and 2c lipoly. its fast but hard to drive!!
http://www.rcpics.net/img/71556
Old 02-05-2006, 11:49 PM
kdolloff

are you kidding i got a mini to dooing like way over 60 mph i had a 58 tooth spur and a 17toth pinion and a 3 cell lipo and wow i say like in the mid 65 ishes and i could easy out rum and t maxx or revo
I know that they can reach speeds of 60 mph with a good bl setup. I said that they are slox out of the box.