Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Shock Oil Weights For T Maxx and Revo???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 10:06 AM
SmugR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock Oil Weights For T Maxx and Revo???

Hey All!

Being a relative newb, and having been bitten by the RC bug hard I have a question.

Can someone explain about different weight oils and how they affect damping and rebound.

I`m also interested to find out what people have found the to be best bashing combinations of oil and springs for the T Maxx and the Revo.

Many Thanks

B
Old 02-04-2006, 10:10 AM
nitroracer20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shock Oil Weights For T Maxx and Revo???

thicker oil- harder to compress the shock, but it takes longer to rebound. Good for bashing with stiff springs(to speed up rebound)
Thinner oil-easier to compress shock, quicker rebound rate. Good for street use as it will absorb bumps with little effect on the truck.

I like the trinity xtra heavy(ithink) w/ 50wt oil on big bore shocks for my t-maxx
Im not sure abpuot the revo, as I dont own one.
Later