Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

another maxx steering servo question.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 11:41 PM
sk8z27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another maxx steering servo question.....

i know this question has been asked a million times, but i'll ask it anyways while i'm sifting through the forums. i have a smaxx that's basically a tmaxx right now minus the reverse. the only place i run it at is at the track. here's my problem. originally i had the hardest time steering and controlling my maxx. i was told to get the jr650 because it had alot of torque. well, it somewhat improved my steering, but i'm still having a problem steering on a tight track like the one i run at. i have to slow down to a roll just to make the turns. is my only solution to get a high torque, high speed servo that costs over $100??? am i taking the turns wrong??? is there a certain technique??? i notice some guys are constantly goosing the throttle around the turns. i race against other truggies and they make the turns without any problems at all while i'm just coasting around the turns at almost a snails pace. i've already adjusted the pillow ball screws, checked all binding, checked duel rate and epa, so that's all good. is my only answer to get a high dollar servo? i'm ready to pack it in and get a jammin' if i gotta spend any more money on this truck. i've already put alot of money in it with a new chassis, aluminum bulkheads and chassis braces(now back to plastic), 40 series wheels and bow tie tires, os .18 cv-rx, dynamite shocks, blue traxxas pipe, jr650 steering servo and 590 throttle servo, and spektrum radio. i love this as a racing truck, and it's super fast in a straight line, but i just can't compete with the truggies and revos. sorry for being long winded, but any help appreciated. i'm farely new to rc in general, but i also race electric truck with my t4 and have made the "a" several times, so i would like to think that i'm somewhat capable of being a decent driver. any help appreciated.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:41 AM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: another maxx steering servo question.....

so what is your problem, not turning fast enough? you could check how tight your steering is and loosen it up some. also you could try to make the turns work for you. perfect your rear spin/sliding and just accelorate through the turns taking them a bit wider to launch out of them.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:12 AM
sk8z27

i've already adjusted the pillow ball screws, checked all binding, checked duel rate and epa, so that's all good.
yeah, it's definetly not turning fast enough on the tight turns. i guess i'm just used to my t4. also, watching the truggies maneuver around the track makes me think i should just get a truggy. there is a couple sweeping turns that i can maneuver around fine, i'll just gas it and kind of powerslide into the turn. theres also a 90 degree turn after the straight that i can take at speed, but once i get on the infield at some of the switchback turns i'm just at a crawl whereas the truggies are just smooth and fast around those same turns. can it be these 40 series wheels? what about revo wheels, or i've read something about 55 series wheels and tires. i'm not liking the idea of having to spend another $125 for a high toruque hgh speed servo, another $100 on tires and wheels. unfortunately i'm thinking that's what it would take. i was also told that from now on the class i would be racing in would be unlimited monster truck, which includes any 1/10th scale mt or 1/8th scale truggy. it just doesn't make sense to me to race six year old technology and be the least bit competitive if they are going to include truggies in this class.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:39 PM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

well got to look at the cg point of view. truggies can just haul ***** through the turns where a Maxx needs to slow down. what radio are you using. might be a delay in there
Old 02-13-2006, 03:11 PM
sk8z27

i'm using a spektrum dx3. i'm going to go up to the track today and try some revo wheels and tires from a friend of mine. they are alot more narrower and lower profile then my setup i've got right now. i'm thinking my jr650 servo doesn't have the grunt to turn these big wheels when i'm slower in a tight turn. maybe i can get somebody to let me borrow a higher torque servo to see if that would work with my 40's too.