Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx Troubleshooting Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Por2ugee17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Maxx Troubleshooting Thread

How do i convert my narrow maxx into a wide one ? got some 40 series wheels coming with some losi maxx tires coming....i want my max WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE.....
Old 03-20-2008, 09:06 AM
thesouth1

ORIGINAL: Por2ugee17

How do i convert my narrow maxx into a wide one ? got some 40 series wheels coming with some losi maxx tires coming....i want my max WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE.....
I know I've posted these pics before but I cant help my self...How wide is your Maxx?

Old 03-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Por2ugee17

Nice, i love that. Its stock, so its pretty narrow, but i have some 40 series coming in the mail with some team lost monstermaxx tires....whats your set up for a arms etc....
Old 03-20-2008, 12:01 PM
thesouth1

On the front I have the RPM 2.5 arms, and on the rear I have the RPM True-Track conversion. Got SPI alu. racing wheels and Pro-line bowties (standard Maxx size). In the front of the first pic (I changed the rear for the pic, I was in a hurry) I got some Pro-line Badlands on RPM Widemaxx monster spiders. (what I bash with.)
Old 03-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Por2ugee17

ok so you just replaced the a arms then ? i want to replace the back ones to, no conversion...
Old 03-20-2008, 12:33 PM
thesouth1

Yep, RPM all round. I just had the regular RPM (2.5 style) till the conversion came out.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:19 PM
s277116

I just got a T-maxx 2.5 used and I am trying to get it to start. I just replaced the one way for my ez start. it looks like everything is working right but the fuel is not getting to the motor. it goes through the fuel line but gets stopped somewhere before the motor. i put a drop of fuel in the motor and it sounded like it wanted to start. how do i get this fixed?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:28 AM
RCCanuck

check your carb it may be gummed up....also may have a gummed up pressure nipple on the pipe or the tank.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 AM
notyourhero

i recently got into Rc's and have been working on a t-maxx v.1 with many parts from other trucks...ran a 2.5 engine in this week all tuned and broken in...

due to inexperience and wet pavement i lost control and slammed into a boulder that i had not payed any attention to.

the electronics are completely shot. i turn on the power switch and all i hear is a click sound once. i am not sure where to start troubleshooting. I haven't found any threads relating to 'no power to the servos" yet so i thought i would jump on this one and put it out there for some advice...thanks.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:00 PM
smelly914

Question 1: I have a tmaxx 2.5. I recently pulled the motor to check for air leaks and to clean it up. I put the motor back in, the t-maxx starts right up, but all the servos are very weak. The Throttle servo isn't strong enough to open the throttle on the carb. The servos are also glitchy. when I switch from forward to reverse or vice versa, the servo turns a little, stops, then turns a little more, then stops and keeps doing that (all the servos do that). I'm using brand new batteries.

Question 2: I don't know if this is related to the servo problem, but I'm having a transmission problem of it not moving when I give it gas (I pull the throttle by hand). I read a post where someone swapped in a new drive hub and it fixed the problem so i'm going to try that.

TIA