Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

short battery charge on revo rx pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 09:36 PM
oregonrevoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short battery charge on revo rx pack

ive seen posts on this before. when i first got my revo about 2 months ago, my battery pack would hold a charge for 6-7 tanks. now it seems to last much shorter. i only charge it when the light starts blinking on the car and it no longer functions. i let it charge for the 90 min as recommended. any thoughts on this and in addition if i need to replace it if i get one higher than the stock 1200ma will it last longer or give more to servos and if it doesn't give more power to servo, do you just upgrade the servos to get it to turn with more authority. thanks - Joe
Old 02-18-2006, 09:52 PM
laserman2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: short battery charge on revo rx pack

90 mins for a charge for a RX pack that is too short rx packs usually need about 12-14 hours on trickle charge to get full operation out of them
Old 02-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Indecline099

after 90 mins the charger turns itself off, i think

try this, after it peaks (solid green) unplug it and plug it back in, you might have to do this 6 times when it gets warm, its fully charged, thats what i have to do cause my charger false peaks
Old 02-19-2006, 12:25 AM
cat627f

Try to plug it in and leave it charge over night then see what you got.. Make sure you run the pack down befor you do it.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:43 AM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found using one good steering servo is better than the two stock ones. I bought a good JR servo and my friends told me there was no way my one servo was going to turn faster and harder. I won 10 $ off those jackass's. As for run time on the reciever pack , I try to charge mine as often as possible. They are NiMh cells and would prefer to have almost half charge at all times. I try not to let my reciever packs go to low on charge (three runs tops) and i have had the same reciever pack in my touring car for 4 years now and it still going strong. Also I am not sure how good of a charger the one is that comes w/ the revo. You might want to invest in a cheap peak charger. Just make sure it can charge NiMh at 1 amp or less setting.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:12 PM
oregonrevoman

the charger that comes with it says it only takes 90 min then will shut off as indecline says