Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tranny

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny

does anyone know the general settings for all of the centrifugal clutches inside a t-maxx transmission? i bought a used t-maxx and it runs great (motor) but im having problems with gear engagement. i took the tranny apart and nothing was broken or loose. i just wanted to know before i reinstall the thing. having to take it right back out would kinda suck. thanks.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:35 PM

Default RE: tranny

are you having trouble going forward and reverse.? Then it could be your idle or you need to adjust your servo. if you are having trouble going into 2nd gear to early/late. Adj the screw inside the tranny.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:19 PM

thanks for the reply. i wanted to reset everything to factory specs. its a used t-maxx, and the tranny was a little jerky in fwd and rev. it may be the very well be the servo, but i cracked the case to make sure nothing was broken. while i have it out i may as well check everything you know? i could only find the factory 2nd gear shift point setting,but i wanted to make sure the rest was operating correctly. btw if anyone wants to know, its 5 1/2 turns out from snugged all the way down. Thats what i read from the traxxas forum.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: maxxhavoc

thanks for the reply. i wanted to reset everything to factory specs. its a used t-maxx, and the tranny was a little jerky in fwd and rev. it may be the very well be the servo, but i cracked the case to make sure nothing was broken. while i have it out i may as well check everything you know? i could only find the factory 2nd gear shift point setting,but i wanted to make sure the rest was operating correctly. btw if anyone wants to know, its 5 1/2 turns out from snugged all the way down. Thats what i read from the traxxas forum.
Thank you I was looking for that...