Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

airplane engine on a t maxx

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airplane engine on a t maxx

Ok i am new to nitro but my dads friend has been doing it forever. He has custom made cars with plane engines on them. They are fast. He siad he could put one on my t maxx... Has anyone tried this and if so are they better.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:24 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: airplane engine on a t maxx

first off that sig. is hilarious, second bad idea, bad bad idea, he probablly isnt checking the temps, they dont have enough cooling area, especially when hauling a big truck like this around, theres a reason that car engines have huge finned heads, ill give a hint, they dont have a huge prop in front of them cooling them the entire time they run...want a better engine cheap, put a new 3.3 on, my 3.3 maxx hauls @$$
Old 03-09-2006, 11:47 PM

i dont like traxxas. i dont have a reason maybe its cuz thats all my lhs carries and it is annoying. But no they are liquid cooled and he also cuts the heatsink on them grinds it down and fits another heat sink on top....hard to explain i will try to get a pic but i only see him once a month if that lol. Plus ontop of that he has them liquid cooled from a pc radiator and a small little pump. And by the way if you really want a huge prop in front cooling them you could....it would be useless but funny...lol
Old 03-09-2006, 11:49 PM

dont get me wrong i like some of there cars but never really like alot of it.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:05 AM

Hmmm ... wrong forum for a Traxxas hater ...
Old 03-10-2006, 04:31 PM

i dont hate them i just get annoyed with my hobby shop trying to sell me one everytime i go in. I have a traxxas. I have a t maxx and i have another one on the way....i stay away from them because my hobby shop will continue to try to sell them to me. Im trying to get them to get hpi in because i will be buying a mt2 soon...But as i was saying i think that a plane engine would be cool to use on my t maxx.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:47 PM

its still a bad idea, put a trx 3.3 on it with a fantom works pipe and be amazed at the power of it and be happy....my t-maxx 3.3 now is a real monster after putting the pipe on it, a huge difference and it was fast stock...
Old 03-10-2006, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: suicidalpoems69

i dont hate them i just get annoyed with my hobby shop trying to sell me one everytime i go in. I have a traxxas. I have a t maxx and i have another one on the way....i stay away from them because my hobby shop will continue to try to sell them to me. Im trying to get them to get hpi in because i will be buying a mt2 soon...But as i was saying i think that a plane engine would be cool to use on my t maxx.

Traxxas is a great company, they make great RC's. I geuss it could get a little annoying though if your LHS is like you said it is.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe traxxas is a excellent company...................BUT......... I have had my t-maxx for a year already, and ive broken at least 50% of the truck. I have had my savage for 3 months, a car hit it at 60 mph[:@] it went flying, the damage: axle carrier, turnbuckles, 1 shock smashed, bumber cracked, and aluminum bumper support and bulkhead cracked..... IMO that is amazing, the guy who hit my car ON PURPOSE sped off and risked hitting my neighbors car, he hit the right, rear corner of my savvy at that speed. Iff that would have been my t-maxx, well lets just say id be buying a new one.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:12 PM

What an idiot! He ran your savage over on purpose?!? My Revo got ran over but by accident.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:41 PM

Ya my lhs is kinda stupid..i mean im new to nitro but know by far more about it than the employes there. One tried telling me there was no such thing as a glow plug ignitor and it would start without one..but yes traxxas make good cars. It just gets old hearing the same thing and seeing the same thing around.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:43 PM

same here, my lhs is kinda retarted. They think their "savages" are better than anything else. When i had my 2.5r T-maxx, me and they guy raced. It was a tie. He had a 4.6k(.28). hmmmmm..... now the people dont like me very much. Traxxas does make good cars
Old 03-11-2006, 12:11 AM

I like savages but i love my t maxx. But i think i will try to put the engine on. Also has anyone on here done this? and if so could you send me pics?
Old 03-11-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

T-maxx isnt a bad truck but I have put rpm a arms all around and aluminum front bulkhead after all those parts got broken during mild driving. I dont bash my trucks, I just drive them for fun, some mild racing but I cant imagine a stock t-maxx bashing
Old 03-12-2006, 12:35 AM

i never had trouble with my t maxx. I can run it wild and it still dont break. I think the t maxx is an exelent truck.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:38 AM

agreed, these thinks can take a beating and come back, I dont intentionally beat the truck but its big heavy and fast so sometimes things happen...
Old 03-12-2006, 12:43 AM

Why not to put a plane engine on a car. A: the heat sink is way too small, props cool the plane engine. B: plane engines turn anywhere from 2-16000 rpm. C: they are designed to run 75%-100% full throttle (cars/boats are opposite) D: they require a different fuel all together.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:44 AM

lol

If it breaks i put better stuff in place of it

seems to work good
Old 03-12-2006, 12:53 AM

its an excuse to upgrade. Darn good one too.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Vertical3-D

its still a bad idea, put a trx 3.3 on it with a fantom works pipe and be amazed at the power of it and be happy....my t-maxx 3.3 now is a real monster after putting the pipe on it, a huge difference and it was fast stock...

Fantom tuned pipes are made of steel.......steel is the absolute best material for tuned pipes, it resonates the strongest........Look at motocross pipes and they are all steel, same with snowmobiles.........I laugh my ass off with those Carbon Fiber pipes, steel will kick its booty LOL...............anyways glad you like the Fantom pipe, it is likley the best pipe going
Old 03-12-2006, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Kemo

Why not to put a plane engine on a car. A: the heat sink is way too small, props cool the plane engine. B: plane engines turn anywhere from 2-16000 rpm. C: they are designed to run 75%-100% full throttle (cars/boats are opposite) D: they require a different fuel all together.
Here is a way around all of this..... Heat sink You can build a new one for it with a machine shop. I have a friend with one...2-16000rpm solved different gearing. It will work i have seen it. and c. hell run that car to death. You can run it 75-100 percent. There is always answere for everything.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:42 PM

What about putting a Genesis engine on it it is .46 which is the same size as my friends airplane engine. It would be alot easier.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:49 PM

I LIKE TRAXXAS AS WELL NO REAL PROBLEMS WITH THE 3 I HAVE JUST BASIC STUFF I JUST BROUGHT A SAVAGE X LETS SEE WHAT TRUCK HOLDS UP THE BEST