Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

traxxas revo engine conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 01:44 PM
revo rev head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas revo engine conversion

Hello

Ok here i go! i've been thinking about changing the engine in my revo for a while and i've decided it's time. I want to go for a big block but which one? Can i still use the ez-start?
Old 04-04-2006, 02:13 PM
cfh1973

Default RE: traxxas revo engine conversion

If you want my opinion, I wouldn't go for the BB. If you want BB power go with the OFNA Picco .26Max. You can use your ez start with it and it has plenty of power. Plus its easy to put in your revo. Going with a BB means you have to do a lot more conversion. Also, I don't think any BB's are compatable with the ez start. You would either have to use pull start or buy a starter box.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:28 PM
stevensj

but if you do opt for a BB, just google some BB kits, sometimes you can get away with just a BB engine mount kit, but most of the time you want stronger cvd's and some steel gears at least too. New era makes one, dynamite makes one, and i think...is it xtm? that makes one?
Old 04-04-2006, 02:41 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Yup.....I'm still even running with reverse in the tranny. Ain't broke nothing in the driveline yet......tire wear looks like it may become an issue tho.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Picco 26 Max, correctly prepped and installed, one hell of an engine! http://nitroobsession.proboards79.co...i?board=engine

ORIGINAL: cfh1973

If you want my opinion, I wouldn't go for the BB. If you want BB power go with the OFNA Picco .26Max. You can use your ez start with it and it has plenty of power. Plus its easy to put in your revo. Going with a BB means you have to do a lot more conversion. Also, I don't think any BB's are compatable with the ez start. You would either have to use pull start or buy a starter box.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:01 PM
gtsum

the picco max 26 is the easiest thing to get close to a bb engine. For 200 or so, you are good to go (need to get a new pipe though). If you want a true BB, then you are looking at the following:

bb mounting kit - qoncepts is the only good one out there
new cb - 18t or so
new clutch - 3 shoe
new cb bearings - stock ones will not fit in the 18t CB
starter box or bump start as you cannot use a pull start, roto start, or ez start with the qoncepts mount and a bb engine

basically, you need to decide if you want to spend 400-500 to get a bb in there or go the picco max 26 route for 1/2 that

also, you do not need new driveshafts, gears, etc. I would do a forward only conversion, but that is it (I have had 4 BB's in my revo and never had a driveshaft issue)
Old 04-04-2006, 05:19 PM
stevensj

dynamite's is $300 with the engine...and i actually really like the mach .26, i don't care what people say aboooot it.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:46 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup the picco rocks!!, but if ya decide to go with a true big block check out my home site, its the land of big block revos!! www.mvbashers.org there are tons of threads about installing one, and most people there have crazy motors in their trucks. you WILL get the answers your looking for there.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

I am in the process of building up my big block Revo. I have a Racer's Edge Sure Fire .32 on the way along with a Nova Cooling Head. I can't give any more information until I have completed my build and I have pics . You can PM me though if you have any questions...
Old 04-19-2006, 02:44 PM
gasrc

For BB convesion ... Qoncepts all the way!
I have a Wasp .26 and love it. There is no need to upgrade the axles, shafts, or anything in the tranny.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Hummer Man

Just installed an RB Concepts C6BB in my Revo. Used the only BB mount to look at, the Qoncepts kit. Once I get a pipe I will start break-in... My brothers both have BB Revos too. Ones powered by an Ofna 8-Port and the other has an RB Concepts S7 II. Like Revopqrs said, check out MVBashers.org!