Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

REVO 3.3??? how good could it be?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:17 PM
3spdsavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO 3.3??? how good could it be?

i saw a revo 2.5 run at the track today, i must say it was really quick. it was pretty stock. i was wondering if the revo 3.3 a great truck for the track. i was looking into getting a jammin truggy cuz i really like them, but i keep hearing about this revo 3.3 with its center diff conversion. sorry to repost a question like this but the search option kinda stinks. the revo with a center diff convereion, would it have a chance keeping up with truggies on the track. or am i wasting my time and should just get a jammin. any advice would be helpful. im kinda stuck and i knew you guys def know more about the revo 3.3 than me. any responses would be great.

thanks
Old 04-13-2006, 07:54 AM
DevilDog516
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: REVO 3.3??? how good could it be?

It's hard to say until it actually comes out and if it can keep the extra power to the ground. From what my LHS says, the Revo 2.5 is quite the truck to beat on the track and not many issues to report on. "solid, very solid vehicle" I'm getting one when they come in.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:28 AM
TM323

ORIGINAL: DevilDog516

It's hard to say until it actually comes out and if it can keep the extra power to the ground. From what my LHS says, the Revo 2.5 is quite the truck to beat on the track and not many issues to report on. "solid, very solid vehicle" I'm getting one when they come in.
that is what makes the Revo the truck to beat it has the best suspension setup therfore the best handling. I don't race but the true definition is who can get around the track the fastest. An alot of times that is not the driver with the best top speed it is the best driver

If you race a ful blown dragster on the strip against a indy car who will win now take the same two cars and add some curves to the track!!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:47 AM
DevilDog516
My Feedback: (9)

OK sure, that's what I meant. I only hear the T-Maxx 3.3 is a great truck but the wheelie bar is a "mandatory" option (forever wheelies). The Revo's suspension setup is far different than the T-Maxx and keeps wheels planted better. Of course, it's all in driving habits and throttle control. Provolone!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:01 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

I'm just curious about how long that small Traxxas C/D is gonna last, especially with the 3.3 hammerring it. The CowboyRa C/D is a converted 6 gear 1/8th scale C/D....bigger everything, and built for HP.
Longevity will be the big question......