Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

which would be better for the 2.5r

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 04:00 PM
jasonx9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which would be better for the 2.5r

would a 14t clutch bell or a 15t or 16t and what about the spur gear the 36t or the 40t i would like to see a lilttle more power out of my stock 2.5r before upgrading it any more suggestions would be nice
Old 04-22-2006, 04:14 PM
cruiserx

Default RE: which would be better for the 2.5r

i'm guessing that you have the revo....without a doubt put the 14t clutchbell and 40t spur gear on your truck..i have a new 2.5r revo..i made those changes and it made all the differance in the world..i think that the factory gearing is a little to tall on the revo with the 2.5r.my truck has a lot more power and i really did'nt lose that much top end..it will go at least 36-38 mph..but running in my grassy backyard the truck feels like i put a stronger and bigger engine in it..it also runs cooler to boot..just remember to adjust your 2speed just a little to shift earlier...
Old 04-22-2006, 06:41 PM
jasonx9

why would i need to adjust my 2speed gears
Old 04-22-2006, 08:32 PM
trevormcfar

I currently run the 14T with 40Spur... Same engine etc... as you... I did a ton of research and found that it does provide better excelleration, but you lose a little on the top end. People also said that you would have to adjust the 2 speed to shift earlier.... When I went to drive my revo with the changed gears, everyone was right... In fact, I had to turn my 2 speed adjustment almost a full turn to get it to shift properly... As for the speed & better low end... I noticed it as well.... Not going to jump out at you and make you say holy *&#*, but you will notice a difference from the stock gearing.... Search the forum under "spur gear" and you will find a ton of info...
Old 04-23-2006, 05:30 AM
jasonx9

im just wanting to now why would u have to change the 2speed needle is it b/c it will rev ur engine up way to high