Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Cleaning my Revo

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 07:12 PM
joebags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning my Revo

What is the best way to clean my Revo? I went to a local spot where they are doing some construction and the place had dirt hills and a lot of sand. My Truck was pretty dirty after wards and I used some Nitro cleaner from a spray can but this can get expensive. I also used a bucket of soapy water with a rag but I did not soak it, I have all my receiver/servo boxes sealed (pretty much but not perfect). Anyway the thing is still kind of dirty but a lot better. So how do you guys clean your trucks? I also don't want to go out and buy an expensive air compressor. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:16 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Cleaning my Revo

compressed air, wd-40, tooth brushes, and more compressed air.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:24 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

I use carb cleaner to break down the oil and it is much less $ then Nitro cleaner. I go to the Dollar store and buy 4-5 cans.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:25 PM
rcdude37

simple green works well with the tooth brush too... just watch how u use it with electronics...
other then that, what kliff said
Old 05-08-2006, 07:49 PM
joebags

Thanks guys. I just remembered that my wife has an air compressor for her air brush that she no longer uses. I guess as long as it works well I can use some soapy water and WD-40. WD-40 seems to be the cure all for everything.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:37 PM
SharkDiver

I use air and some cheap window cleaner from the dollar store and a tooth brush.It works great and its cheap.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:14 AM
Trick440

ORIGINAL: R/C Madman

I use carb cleaner to break down the oil and it is much less $ then Nitro cleaner. I go to the Dollar store and buy 4-5 cans.
Brake cleaner should be better than carb cleaner.. its easier on rubber parts and cleans just as well.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:40 PM
dgz69er

I'm going to go with the idea of simple green too. I use it to clean my bicycle all the time, it works a hell of a lot better on removing the grease and dirt from my bicycle than anything else has. *with the exception of carb cleaner, but as previously stated thats hard on plastic and rubber parts*. I have also found that a damp sponge works well on bigger surface areas.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:54 PM
JQA3

take the engine and electronics out and put it in the dishwasher
Old 05-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Nebukatnizar

u serious?..put it in the dishwasher..(obviously without motor or electronics....)

Well if you take out the electronics and motor, by that time you can just as easily clean it by hand...

And..what's simple green?!??!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Simple Green is a cleaner available at your grocery store. hardware store home depot lowes or ace... it works ok but imo, its not the best. it needs to be vary deluted to almost the point of uselessness, if you dont delute the hell outta it, its leaves a residue, usually pretty thick, adn when dry will still be seen after a recleaning...... unless you can use ALOT of hot water to pressure spray evrerything off afterwards dont use it..
Kliffs got your back here,, AC WD40 AC TB.. is all you need. heres how i do it. use the ac to blow off loose stuff and some of the more stuck stuff for about 5 minutes. then i spray the hell outta it with the wd40. then i set it in the sunlight, direct sunlight for about 20 to 30 minutes. while its getting a tan, i pop a few caps off a brew, and either check out the chickies in bikinis, or head to the neighbors for an after run mint or 3.... then i come back, pop another cap or 2, grab the ac and blow the excess wd40 off, takeing all the built up crap with it, by doing this i just pre lubed my truck.. all the a arm pins are now lubed up. anything that moves is nice and free moveing, like a arms, steering, bellcranks, axels, cups ect..... all i do now is a tad aro and put it up until im ready to bash more.
Timmahh
Old 05-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Brokethebank

What about denatured alcohol. I like it for cleaning fuel residue off my truck. But I alway go back with a little WD-40 and compressed air.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

simple green, just be carefull with that stuff it can take paint of on some metals, carburetor cleaner, air compression, or take the whole truck appart and clean every piece of it with a tooth brush and some simple green like i do =) except not on revo but tmaxx
Old 05-10-2006, 11:57 AM
bigroundrocks

I use denatured alcohol, toothbrush and my air compressor that I bought just for the job. My wife was p#$%ed off but hey my trucks are clean. I spent 180 bucks on a craftman but i seen them as low as 89 dollars. Also the denatured alcohol doesnt rune plastic and the dishwasher does work really well with the simply green. like stated above take the engine and electronics off toose it in turn it to pots and pans.......BAM its brand new. The wifes mad again but hey your trucks clean right.LOL I only do it for the real deep cleaning. Its not worth it everytime.