Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

P2 rockers and......spacers???

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 10:10 PM
bigroundrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P2 rockers and......spacers???

I was looking in to getting a set of P2 or P3 rockers for my truck. What are the spacers for in the P2 kit. I've heard some people use them and some don't. WHats the deal. I would also like to know what people think of the P2 vs the P3
Old 05-15-2006, 12:21 AM
mrmike4given

Default RE: P2 rockers and......spacers???

i have been running the P2's myself for a while and didn't know anything about the spacers. well when i broke one of the integy pushrods i had i bought the 5318X or the red pushrods and i bought a set of the spacers. well i put them on without the spacers. seemed to be exactly the same as it was before. then i was like heck let me put those on to see what they're gonna do. i put them on on it actually stiffened the suspension a touch. before i could hold the revo about 3 1/2 to 4 feet off the ground, drop it and it would bottom the susp. out, now it doesn't. it actually makes the rods about 8mm longer or so. so it pushes the rocker up further than it did before. anyhow i think i give like 1.50 for them. i left them on and probably will leave them on for good.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:07 AM
Trick440

Ya if you don't have them on its not gonna give the full progessive-ness?..heh.. So ya should be softer. And P3 are even more stiff.

The progressive is when you push down on the suspension.. how for at goes down before you feel the greater amount of resistance.

For example a P1 you may be able to push the suspension nearly all the way down before feeling the most resistance at the last inch. A P3 when you push down you may feel the most resistance at the last 3 inches. Just an example,
Old 05-15-2006, 08:32 AM
smokndodge

The only problem I have found with putting the spacers on is like you said, the truck does not bottom out. That means you are bottoming out the shock before the truck bottoms out. The bad thing about that is if you are getting any good air then you will start bending pushrods, breaking rocker posts, rocker arms, bending shock shafts, breaking shock rod ends, etc. If you leave the spacers off, the truck bottoms out before the shocks do and so occasionaly you may have to replace a skid plate. They are alot cheaper and easier to replace than a shock is. (I have not had to replace a skid plate yet) I have learned this from experience and I am pleased with my setup now. My setup is in my sig.. If you ask alot of these guys that are making these SICK VIDS of big air, they run the P-2's without the spacers also. I hope this helps, just my $.02... Good luck.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:26 PM
bigroundrocks

Thanks for the input. Have any of you ran the p3. Is the p2 where its at?
I was also wondering if you have to replace the pushrod if you do the rockers.
I see you can get p2 and p3 push rod will the stock push rods work with p2 rockers
Old 05-17-2006, 07:09 PM
bigroundrocks

sooo no one knows what im talkin about?????
Old 05-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

I believe you need different push rods for the p3 rockers . I run the p2 rockers with spacers and jump really big air with it and mine bottoms out and the shocks don`t . I also have the better shocks so maybe the shafts are longer .

So smokndodge , not sure why you are bottoming out your shocks with the spacers on .
Old 05-18-2006, 01:05 AM
tadecker

When you are dropping it with the p2's with spacers the suspension is absorbing the hit before it bottoms out. To test this push down on the truck. if the skids hit first before suspension bottoms out don't worry. To get the most effectivness out of p2s use the spacers. If not you should just stick with the p1s. The p2s you use the stock push rods with the spacers and for p3s you use different pushrods all together.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:12 AM
bigroundrocks

Cool, thanks again for the input...

I think i'm going to go with the P3's I'll foot the bill for new push rods.

Any one running the P3 setup? What weight shock oil are you guys running?