Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-maxx Engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 05:53 PM
ICE_MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx Engine

Might be beating a dead horse but:

I have the old school t-maxx. Right now it has the pro 15 in it.. Which I think will be fine for a while once my pull start gets here.. But here in a few months, once I get a couple airplane projects lined out, I'd like a new engine for my maxx. There will be some hardcore mudding and hills involved. My buddies 2.5R had some problems getting through some of the pits and up some of the hills. So that's out.. I don't see myself being able to justify $152 for another traxxas engine (3.3).. It would be nice to find the power I need in a small block that would drop right in. Right now my 2 main contendors are the O.S. 18, and the Peak performance diablo .18.. Both are priced reasonably, but I haven't heard anything about the peak performance.. Which scares me.. Anyone have any kind of exerience with them?
Old 05-30-2006, 06:25 PM
T-MAXX1234
Banned

Default RE: T-maxx Engine

OS 18 all the way. Im getting one. go look at the posts here. Everybody loves it.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:33 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

As already stated get the OS! It is a super engine and maybe it won't destroy your drive train? I would also get some aluminum chassis braces to keep the spur gears from going.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:45 PM
ICE_MAN

I have a lightened aluminum spur gear.. But I'll definately look into alum chassis braces.. I don't want to much aluminum, but I suppose those and a set of skid plates wouldn't hurt.

Old 05-30-2006, 06:47 PM
aznherb36

make sure you dont go for the cheap skids. hardcore racing i hear ppl say have good ones, and Great Assemly to.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:50 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

The chassis braces keep the the chassis from flexing and if the engine has enough power it will cause your spur to strip. Even an aluminum spur won't hold up to a steel clutch bell in a fight. Some good Ti skids are money well spent.