Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Extended chassis..???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 02:59 AM
dirtsquirt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended chassis..???

I have a revo 2.5 and would like to get an extended chassis but what all do I need to do this? I'm assuming I'll need a longer rear drive shaft so where do I get that and then the wheels won't really line up with the wheel wells cut in the body of standard revo bodies will they?
Please help all u experts out there.... I wanna long chassis
Old 06-11-2006, 03:45 AM
snoopy_drof

Default RE: Extended chassis..???

All you have to do is buy the Revo Extended chassis. The extension is on the front of the chassis, so it comes with the extended drive shaft that you need.
You could also buy the Revo Extended Wheelbase Suspension Arms (TRAXXAS Part Number 5333R)
I have the Revo Extended Wheelbase Suspension Arms on my Revo running a Picco 26 (i know i am on the dark side Kliff [8D]) and it made a big difference to my truck.

Cheers from an Aussie
Old 06-11-2006, 08:47 AM
dirtsquirt

So the arms move the wheels foreward?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:46 AM
hugh.jeego

yea. has anyone got the extended chassis AND wheelbase extending a-arms. THAT would be one long looking revo.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Mr. Mugen

I have one of each...a 2.5r, a 2.5r with ext. wheel base arms, a 3.3, and a ext. chassis with ext. arms. They are all pretty close in size but the ext/ext is a bit longer than all of course. They all perform differently but all kick grass in the end[8D].....I tried to put pics on here but it says the file is too large[] some time it lets me do it other times it won't[&o] I'll try again another time
Old 06-12-2006, 12:14 AM
tadecker

ORIGINAL: bro44us

I have a revo 2.5 and would like to get an extended chassis but what all do I need to do this? I'm assuming I'll need a longer rear drive shaft so where do I get that and then the wheels won't really line up with the wheel wells cut in the body of standard revo bodies will they?
Please help all u experts out there.... I wanna long chassis
You will need:

-extended chassis
-steering linkage turnbuckles
-extended front drive shaft.
-and an extended body (don't know who has any out yet though.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 AM
snoopy_drof

ORIGINAL: bro44us

So the arms move the wheels foreward?
No the arms are for the rear of the truck and you can (depending on what hole you use) move the rear wheels back 10mm or 19mm rearwards.

from tadecker
and an extended body (don't know who has any out yet though.
i have just got a proline body for my sons extended T-Maxx that i built, and they do have a range to pick from.
i dont need one at the moment as i am not running the extended chassis yet, but when i do i will get another one of the proline bodys for the Revo.