Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

First Revo 3.3 bash!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 01:48 AM
MGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Revo 3.3 bash!!

Well Yesterday I got it all broken in and tuned. Today I went to the local bmx track/sk8 park. I put in the long travel rockers And the stiffer springs that it came with for the heavy beating that I had in mind. Well I got it warmed up and started some passes to make sure it was good to go b4 I hit the dirt. It was running about 235*. I stopped and hit it and the thing flipped on it's back in the blink of an eye. Like I thought; it does wheelie all day long with the stiffer springs.

So I hit the trake and this is just plain nuts, I still just can't get over the quickness of the truck. I'm having good fun hitting the berm and launching it 20+ feet out with about 8-10 feet of air. Then I look over to the 10 foot half pipe and wondered if I could make over the railing? The railing sits about 4 feet above the top and their is about a 4 foot gap to make sure you don't clip it. I roll up it go back to the other side and put it back in forward and hit it pretty good. Well I just barly made it missing the railing only by a few inches and it lands hard in the grass from about 15 feet up. My friend missed it so I went at it again to show off, Well this time I knew he was watching so I gave it everything it had, which was wayy too much. It was rocketing into the air about 10 + feet ABOVE the raling which is already 14 feet up. Well this thing still just flattens out and lands with a hard hit in the grass perfect. But I right away noticed somthing was wrong and brought it to me. I snaped a shock shaft and the guy at the hobby shop said that it was weird because the plastic end most likely go's first. Anyway I got a pack of the traxxas ti.'s with the coating and some 35 Wt shock oil, the guy said the stock weight is 30 wt? is this true? I wanted somthing a tiny bit stiffer but I really don't like wheelies so I only upped it 5wt.

Well I had a blast for the 2 tanks it lasted........but you go big or go home. I went big then to the hobby shop!!!! I'm about through a quart and a half and it just gets better. I really beat the snot out of it today I hit that berm a bunch of times at the top of 2nd and man this thing just flies flat, I hardly had to correct it.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:57 AM
rawkfist2

Default RE: First Revo 3.3 bash!!

Your revo will wheelie more now, you should go lower on the shock oil. Sweet, glad to hear someone likes to bash hard!!! I hate when i bash with people and there launching there trucks 3 feet in the air. GET them up in those double digit ranges. Then your wallet will be giving out triple digit ranges!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:06 PM
jgeck90

sweet! i wana get that 3.3 and put it in my revo! i only have a 2.5 and its fast as heck i can only imagine how fast the 3.3 is!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:08 PM
jgeck90

sweet! i wana get that 3.3 and put it in my revo! i only have a 2.5 and its fast as heck i can only imagine how fast the 3.3 is!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:10 PM
rawkfist2

RCU, the server is getting backup it looks like. Can we delete some of the older threads?
Old 10-07-2006, 08:11 PM
MGT

sry
Old 10-07-2006, 08:13 PM
MGT

Yeah I had a blast and I'm almost done with the tear down. It's funny how new it looks after its all cleaned up again
Old 10-07-2006, 08:46 PM
ScRacing

You do that kind of bashing much more and you are going to brake the chassis, snap the cooling head off your engine, or worse, all of that combined along with a whole lot of plastic parts.

How high were you airing it out? 24 feet should have just broken everything, i mean that kinda of force is just so straining, i would recomend letting up some on the bashing.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:20 PM
89ram

bash away bro. it's your truck, your parts, your time. ain't it an awesome truck!!!! bashing rocks because the revo can hang!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:23 PM
89ram

oh, and the revo does'nt have any integy parts on it stock!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:57 PM
MGT

Ok well it landed in the grass so I was not to worried, also I wanted to see what It could take compared to my savage. I will most likely never break the engine because I'm a great driver, not trying to brag or anything but I wish I could of gotten it on tape so you could have seen for your self. Every jump I hit that day landed perfect on all 4's.

The jump that ended my day was no kidding about 20-25 feet up, the gap way only maybe 10-12 feet. I'm not sure if you know what a halfpipe is but the ramp is vertical at the top so it pretty much went stright up. The ramp was 10 feet high and I hit it with the throttle pinned[>:]. It landed with a thump in the grass on all 4's, like I said i can control it like im part of it or somthing. Back when I would race my savage I pretty much got first place every time, I really can drive well. I know thats a lot of force on the truck but the grass/dirt should of helped. I was shocked that I broke the shock shaft and not the shock end, that what I thought most people broke, even the guy at the hobby shop was suprised. He said it must of bottomed out and I cracked up laughing lol.

Next time I go I will get it on tape to show you all that I'm not lying, if for some reason you don't beleve me?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:13 AM
ScRacing

Nope i thik you are lieing... You'll have to get a tape to proove it , and 89, you have ot agree, that integy makes a better engine mount than the stock revo comes with, that thing is a mager POS potmettle bending sun of ...a ... a... integy enginearor ! LOL
Old 10-08-2006, 12:17 AM
MGT

Well I'm not sure if your just kidding but I would not waste my time to come here and lie...But yeah I will get a video this upcoming week[>:]
Old 10-08-2006, 12:28 AM
89ram

cool, everybody loves pics/video!