Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Hobbico Servo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 11:08 AM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico Servo?

What do you guys think of the Hobbico Servos. The one I'm looking at is pretty fast, and has a ton of torque. [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNRN6&P=0]HERE[/link] is the link. Tell me what you think. Thanks.

Also, what do you guys think of the blue bird servos. They're crazy cheap, but thats what scares me. The 3rd one down in this [link=http://www.nitrohouse.com/acces,_servos.htm]LINK[/link] is what I'm looking at. What do you guys think? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:37 AM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hobbico Servo?

well i have 30 dollars laying around so i might get the blue bird one.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:11 PM
rawkfist2

Those look nice, wow the stock traxxas ones are about $30
Old 10-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Chronic

Do they live up to those specs? Probably so, but that's not the whole picture with servos. If these things were compared in depth to their higher priced "competition" you would surely see the differences as far as signal processing, lifespan, efficiency, etc... goes. Everything from the quality of the wiring to the rigidity of the case has an influence on how a servo performs, deciding what's best requires more than taking a quick look at the torque/speed specs.

I'm not saying these are bad servos, just don't let the specs fool you into thinking they are any more of a bargain than the competition.