Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

air filter and spur

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 04:04 PM
1Nightrider1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air filter and spur

ok i put a 36 tooth spur in my revo after i stripped the 38 the other day. well with the 38 the air filter had anough room to not rub on the spur and still had extra room. the 36 i had to cut theair filter so it could fit on the carb. oh and also the carb has a break in it will it affect my prformance?
Old 10-07-2006, 07:28 PM
1Nightrider1

Default RE: air filter and spur

anyone i need help
Old 10-07-2006, 07:46 PM
rawkfist2

Well if the air filter doesnt covor the whole carb then yea it will
Old 10-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Uglysteve

ORIGINAL: 1Nightrider1

ok i put a 36 tooth spur in my revo after i stripped the 38 the other day. well with the 38 the air filter had anough room to not rub on the spur and still had extra room. the 36 i had to cut theair filter so it could fit on the carb. oh and also the carb has a break in it will it affect my prformance?
Could you post a picture of this? it doesn't make sense that a smaller spur gear would interfere with an air filter when a larger spur gear didn't. Not only is the Spur gear more out of the way with a 36, but the motor has to move further up to make the gear mesh what it needs to be. This would also push the air filter further away from the spur.