Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

bashing setup revo

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 07:08 PM
1Nightrider1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bashing setup revo

what is a good bashing setup for a revo i got 150$ to spend right now its pretty much stock cept rpm arms front and back and a 36 t gear
Old 10-07-2006, 07:33 PM
1Nightrider1

Default RE: bashing setup revo

plz
Old 10-07-2006, 07:52 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P2 rockers, green & tan springs, 35 weight shock oil will give you a stiffer suspension but not too stiff. Maybe heavier oil, depending on what you like. Forward only conversion. Failsafe. Adjust the suspension to ride higher, but it will not handle as good. But it's easy enough to adjust, so play with the settings and see what works best for you.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:22 PM
TWERPA
My Feedback: (19)

Single servo set-up is a + too!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:27 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everything lunsford, and rpm knuckles.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:30 PM
89ram

send me half your money, spend the other half on fuel, and go raise some hE!!.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:56 PM
z71ruffryder

u can use a single steering servo how?``
Old 10-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Uglysteve

ORIGINAL: z71ruffryder

u can use a single steering servo how?``
Buy a stronger servo (160oz/in or higher) such as the Hitec HSR-5995tg(only if you can adjust end points), HS-5955tg, Futaba S9351. There are others but i'm only familiar with these great servos. They will set you back about $100 or more. Take the two stock servos out of there. Take the splitter off of the receiver. Plug the new servo into the receiver. Remove the unused linkage. YOu now have a single servo steering setup.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:41 PM
z71ruffryder

there is 2steering arm under the revo... sry i don't understand how it will work...im still new at this....
Old 10-18-2006, 10:55 PM
89ram

z71, if you remove one steering servo, the other end of the arm you're talking about will just move back and forth as you steer. this is all assuming that you buy a heavy duty servo to replace the 2 original ones. i see where you've asked about this more than once. dose any of this make sense so far?
Old 10-18-2006, 11:32 PM
z71ruffryder

so get 2 new steering servo that are stronger?
Old 10-18-2006, 11:39 PM
89ram

no no no, you only need one that's stronger. ok, you are driving a real vehicle down the road. you normally use both hands on the wheel. but you take one hand off of the steering wheel. it still works, but just takes more strength to turn one-handed. get it?[:-]
Old 10-18-2006, 11:51 PM
z71ruffryder

i get it now sry
Old 10-18-2006, 11:52 PM
89ram

good! i was gettin worried about you!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Uglysteve

lol
Old 10-19-2006, 06:18 PM
MacPatton

I can see a single servo being useful for racing but for bashing look to spend that cash elsewhere. Stock servos work fine. You are bashing which doesnt take pinpoint steering just driving fast, jumping and coming back to earth hard. I would actually hold on to the cash. Bash, and when something breaks upgrade it. I would definetly put the stiffer springs that came with the truck on it though.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:09 PM
1Nightrider1

ok thank u
Old 10-21-2006, 12:16 PM
revo-retard

ive got the stiffer springs on it that it came with and those long travel rocker arms. thats it and mine is still going. if you havent seen my video just search for it. its on here somewhere. proves that you dont need much to make these things fly high and far. im going to try a house today actually. well im off to go build the ramp i shall be back tonight.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Revomad1

Use the long travel rockers but install the pushrods in the outermost holes on the A-arms. The truck rolls to easily with the pushrods in the middle holes. Buy the stiffer long travel springs (pink stripe front, purple stripe rear). Make sure you use the correct pistons with the LT rockers (check your manual). Adjust the spring preload so the chassis is almost parallel to the ground under hard acceleration (about 7mm between top of preload adjustment ring and the base of the shock cap on the front, and about 10mm on the rear). It's almost impossible to eliminate rear end squat entirely. This setup will make your Revo handle tighter (sharper steering. better staight line stability). Just make sure you slow down before turning and get back on the throttle gradually as you're turning to keep from rolling over. It will also land Better off insane jumps! The user wishing for sway bars would benefit from this setup also, because the stiff springs and outside hole pushrod mounting point help to reduce body roll! This setup also enhances Revo's ability to do wheelies! Let me know how you like this setup! I think it's a huge improvement over the factory LT recommendations! If this was any longer I could write a book about it!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:36 AM
SIM2U
Banned

You can keep it almost stock if you wish to save on money and just get the FOC, P3 rockers with thicker viscosity shock oil and a failsafe as well as take the EZ starter off to give a bit more of a light weight feel, and then stick a roto starter on it...? Its a pretty strong truck and it will take a lot of punishment without having to spend maga dollars on it.

You also might want to get the RPM arm set once the stockers are trashed as they have a lifetime warrenty on them.

But it depends on your budget though and bash condition...bashing is a very wide open word/verb
Old 11-19-2006, 02:43 PM
1Nightrider1

ok ive had rpm's for a while. not a verybig fan of a failsafe reduces radio range. i just got foc. thinkin about a tiger drive. im still confused with the p1 p2 p3 and lt stuff. not sure whats best for bashing
Old 11-19-2006, 03:35 PM
bmxlube0_0

a fail safe will save your car what is a tiger drive
Old 11-19-2006, 04:21 PM
sm1nts2escape

I am setting up my revo for bashing too.I ordered some stiffer springs orange and tan ones and some good quality shock oil since the traxxas oil is a little on the light side I went with losi 50wght up front and 60 wght for the rear.I am going with the stiffer setup because the stock setup bottoms out too easy mainly the rear and because I am adding weight with aluminum rod ends and a bigger motor.I do want to say that if you are going to use the stock motor and no aluminum parts than the front is up to the task it just needs a slightly heavier shock oil.Also the rear differential needs to be slightly heavier (my preference).But if you are going to be bashing the main thing you want to do is get aluminum rod and shock ends the stock ones will pop off and and after doing that a few times they will be stripped out.I never had a problem with the front ones popping off but the rear did it constantly.Here is a video of me and my revo this will pop off the rear pushrod and shock ends.http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ture134MOV.flv
Old 11-19-2006, 06:55 PM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

I set my 3.3 up for bashing. It has an OS18 tm with pull start, P2's, Silver springs front blue in the rear, 30wt shock oil, and FOC. RPM arms and knuckles. Had a wing on it but got tired or replacing the rear body mount because of bending. The ramp that I have been using is posted in the 'Ramp Pics' thread. at moderate speed you can get some good hieght. I don't baby my trucks and I narrowed the breakage down to rear shock and pushrod ends. felt it was better replacing parts that come 6 for $2
Old 11-21-2006, 12:00 PM
SIM2U
Banned

Yeah...Im not too keen on the PStarters or POStarters. Just personal view though...