Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Gas will not pump through fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 07:24 PM
ratweaselr360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas will not pump through fuel lines

Ok, the problem is the gas will not pump through the fuel line that goes from the tank to the carb. I have put my finger over the exhaust and it still will not pump. Now this could be my own fault because I took the engine apart the other day because I had to replace the exhaust header, but I though I put it back together right because I fallowed the manual and I had no parts left over. If anyone has any advice on what it could be and how to fix it it would be greatly appreciated. You may have to talk in simple terms because I am pretty new to this still.

Robert
Old 10-07-2006, 07:25 PM
1Nightrider1

Default RE: Gas will not pump through fuel lines

is the exhasut header really tight cuz it could be leaking air
Old 10-07-2006, 07:35 PM
ratweaselr360

No the header is 100% sealed, I clamped the fuel lines, screwed the glow plug in and took the blue exhaust pip off and blew into the header, no air leaked.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Uglysteve

check your tank for an air leak. Three things could cause this. 1. You have no fuel in the tank. 2. You have an air leak. 3. You have no compression.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:36 PM
DaveG55

It has been my experence that when I have that problem that the fuel tank lid seal is usually the culpret. It needs to be fully seated in the lid for a good seal. Also, it's a known issue with traxxas fuel tanks.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:08 PM
ssj2

I actually had this same problem on my truggy, running Blue Thunder. For the life of it, the truck just wasn't sucking in the fuel, I couldn't start the frikken thing. I took it over to my LHS, and all they did was take apart the carb and spray some nitro cleaner. It turns out, the carb had some crap in it, restricting my priming power; at that time, I didn't have a fuel filter either. Are you running a fuel filter, because if you aren't then it could always be that some gunk is in the carb? Just a possiblity.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:25 PM
ratweaselr360

How do you know if you have good compression because everything seems to be sealed
Old 10-07-2006, 09:56 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: ratweaselr360

How do you know if you have good compression because everything seems to be sealed
A quick, easy check is to try turning the flywheel one complete revolution using only one finger. It should be very hard to turn it one full revolution. If it doesn't feel like it's getting stuck, or at least VERY hard, at one point (top dead center) then it could be bad. That's not all that likely though. I've had engines that had nearly zero compression and still primed just fine.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:59 PM
mrjerryk

Try taking the lid off the fuel tank. Then when you go to start it place your hand over the top to seal it that way. If you get pressure and the fuel is flowing it's time to rebuild that tank. If not then I would check your carb to make sure it is pulling the fuel. Do the same thing with the air filter. Take it off and place you hand on it and see if there is suction. It could either be the tank or the carb. Most likely the tank. ALSO make sure you run with a fuel filter. On grain of dirt or sand can really mess your piston and sleeve up.