Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

REVO OR SAVAGE

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 09:02 PM
mikeae86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO OR SAVAGE

hi everyone im a newbie here. im in the market of buying a monster truck but i want to get the best one. im debating between the savage or the revo. please advise.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:07 PM
rawkfist2

Default RE: REVO OR SAVAGE

REVO!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:48 PM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

[R][E][V][O] ALL DA WAY
Old 10-07-2006, 10:22 PM
crop

I'm a proud owner of savage for 2years, it was of great fun,,plus it's style and stance is second to none to me. very cool design. But I ended up with trading it for REVO. I'm so much satisfied with the performance, quick and responsive in cornering, fast and stable in high speed running. But I still miss my SAVAGE, there's something you can't find in REVO.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:37 PM
89ram

UMMMM, REVO. not to be repetitive or anything, just my opinion. you'll be happy.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:41 PM
MGT

The revo is a nice truck I had mine for 3 days and broke it twice. I'm not suprised I broke it because of the 25 foot drop it took but I only broke a shock shaft, a $10 fix for the titanium ones, so it won't happen again. The revo seems to be a strong truck and not even my fully race preped savage can compare to the STOCK handeling of the revo, it's unmatched. It feels like a big buggy, nothing I have ever felt before, trust me.

But on the other hand the savage just has more lowend power and its on hell of a basher. If you plan on only doing 30+ foot high jumps I would say get the savage. When I had mine I could put I over my head and just drop it and the damn thing would not enen bottom out. My revo bottoms out from about a 3-4 foot drop, but the revo has crazy arch. and the suspention travel seems endless with the long travel rockers.

They are 2 totally different trucks and the revo is wayyy more refined IMHO. Here are some reasons why I picked the new revo 3.3 over the new savage X ss.

-The revo is crazy fast out of the box and will wheelie all day long. (the savage will do the same but has a lower top speed.)
-The revo has unmatched handeling out of the box.
-The revo had the most suspention travel and it's ajustable.
-The revo can be made into a Big block with about $75 for a good conversion and will be uncontrolable, sick speed.(not counting the engine cost)
-The revo is lighter by about 2lbs and can be eaisly be made another 2lbs. lighter. (my old savage in race form weighed in at 10.5 lbs with fule with a fantom .27)
-The revo is all hex screws and is so easy to work on I had no idea my savage was hard to work on untill I got this thing.
-The revo comes with everything you need, but 8 AA bateries, a stick pack for the ez-start, and fuel...nothing else!!
-The revo comes with a flat pack 6v 1100mah reciver battery, charger, the list go's on.
-The revo has 2 steering servos so you never have to upgrade if you don't want to, the stock ones do better than fine. (it turns lock to lock just sitting, my savage did this after a $100 servo and a $25 bell crank system..)

I new I was going to break stuff as I did with my savage just not as often with the savage, I have plans to do a lot of upgrades so it really does not matter to me anyway. I dumped about $2000 over the 2 years I had my savage I and loved the thing to death. This time around I wanted somthing way different and the fact it can be turned into a big block with a tiny cost and is 2 lbs lighter out of the box drew me in. Also it now comes with a .20ci engine and even with the 30mm extention it wheelies.

I tried to be as unbiased as I could, I did have a savage and I really liked it but the revo 3.3 is in a hole other class. You will be happy with either truck you pick because this is a great hobby, but you must know that you have to maintain it. If you don't, it will treat you like you treat it.[8D]