Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Nebukatnizar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelies

How do i tune my engine to get my tmaxx 3.3 to do wheelies, i dont know whjy it won't wheelie!!!

can anyone please hepl......i dont know which needle to adjust or which way to turn, lean, rich...(highspeed needle, lowspeed needle, idle.....idk)

please help, if u have any other ideas to help 'get me off the ground ' please help!!!

thanks

It's got a stock spur gear on it, should i change it with higher teeth...40 t..?

i wanna be able to wheelie, but i dont want to kill my top speed either....
Old 10-08-2006, 12:34 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: Wheelies

Have you read your manual and wached the DVD? They both explain how to tune. Traxxas also has a web site that's got tons of info about their stuff and includes a very helpful tuning guide.
Read this then if you still don't understand something, ask. You'll be better informed and at least have a basic idea what people are talking about when they answer you.
It says that it's for the 2.5 but they all tune the same.
http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...l&cat=34&id=92
Old 10-09-2006, 09:13 AM
stovepipe

I found out the hard way many years ago that the wheelie situation always lies in the low idle screw. Not the mechanical idle screw, thats just a straight idle screw for rpm idle only. The jet idle screw will adjust the fuel input on acceleration. Actually you just have to turn it in or out at very small increments at a time. By ie turning it in (clockwise) will give the carb a leaner punch so to speak. When you find this setting, be careful it will flip over backwards. It will get confusing for a while because the high idle screw will have to alternate with the low one. Actual trial and error will occur until you find the right setting. Hope this helps.

Stovepipe Doug
Old 10-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Dil

just make your rear shocks stiffer, put about 60 or 70wt oil and it will wheelie easily
Old 10-09-2006, 06:24 PM
racintang

I run 35 weight oil with a 2.5 engine and I do wheelies all the time. The stock spur should be a 70 tooth I believe. I can't do wheelies with the 70 but I can with the 72 without a problem. I have completely flipped it up side down minus the wheelie before witht he 72 tooth but wait till it warms up .
Old 10-09-2006, 06:29 PM
2.5 flex

i also have a t-maxx 2.5 im runnin a pipe and 25 weight oil and with a 70 tooth i start to get a wheelie " both tires r off the ground" but not for over a second im switching to the 72 tooth and mabe heaver oil
Old 10-09-2006, 07:31 PM
SG16

I never could get my 2.5 revo to wheelie without leaning it too much. I could get my 2.5 t-maxx to wheelie if I came out of a turn as hard as possible.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:48 PM
89ram

IMO, wheelies are as easy as a clutch bell/spur gear change. of course, both my revo's [2.5&3.3] have big blocks in them. it's an expensive addiction with no cure in sight!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:45 PM
maxxhavoc

i guess my shock oil isnt thick eough then huh? ive got a acnc bb conversion with a xtm 24.7 and am running the og gears 20/72. i tightened the slipper all the way and all i can do is spin (on the street) all 4 tires. no wheelie![>:].

its all broke in and really fast which in the long run is better i guess. i did experiment with the preload spacers and put them all in the back (they take up about half the shock!) to make them stiffer but......... still no wheelie[>:].

i thought my clutch was the problem, but if im spinning the wheels its gotta be grabbing right? oh well, at least it kicks up alot of dirt like its biting in and it does take off like a cat on fire. i guess life really isnt that bad without the wheelie[], but it sure looks fun.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:49 PM
2.5 flex

LOL ITS COOL , I GOT A PIPE AND REVO TIRES TO HELP MIINE WHEELIE I WAS RUNNIN TODAY WITH A 70 TOOTH AND SHE WAS FLIPPEN OVER BUT NOW I GOT A 72 TOOTH ON IT AND IM WAITIN 4 TOMARROW I NEED TO GET HEAVER OIL IN THE SOCKS THOGUH IM ONLY RUNNIN 25 LOL
Old 10-10-2006, 04:21 AM
NITROHOLICS ANONYMOUS

p2 rockers???