Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Broke a gear need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 01:11 PM
fr0sty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke a gear need some help...

Hi there. Yesterday while running my Revo I manged to brake one of the black gears in the gearbox. (Jumping and revved it too hard in the air) Anyway it is one of the gears required to remove if I would get the FOC which I already plan on getting so it's not really a biggie. My question is can someone explain the difference between the FOC and the center diff. I plan on getting the FOC but I was wondering whether it would be better for me to get the center diff. I do plan on racing but I also want to be able to bash since I cannot afford 2 trucks. In this regard I think getting the FOC would be better. But then again I would be losing the ability to run 2 brakes. Currently I find the brake to be slighly weak...Also (slight sidetrack) with the FOC/center diff I also plan on getting stiffer springs and heavier shock oil. Since my truck is mostly stock which springs should I get. (have looked and read about these answers on the internet but I would also appreciate some help from other people...thanks)
Old 10-08-2006, 03:03 PM
mrjerryk

Default RE: Broke a gear need some help...

I have stripped the same gear a few times. It in the front of the trans right? It is really easy to replace and it's pretty cheap. If you think you want to go to FOC for racing but also want to use a center diff with dual brakes and reverse for bashing then pick up a second assembled transmission from E B A Y. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TRAXXAS-REVO...QQcmdZViewItem

37.00 for the trans and a spare opti-drive. Convert one trans to FOC and the other setup for the Center Diff and the dual brakes.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:11 PM
fr0sty

ah that seems like a great idea...but what are the advantages/disadvantages of the foc and the center diff....
Old 10-08-2006, 03:27 PM
mrjerryk

I believe the FOC is required for racing. Not sure. I have only raced mine a couple of times at a track that allows anything to race. Most tracks do require the FOC, no reverse, from what I have heard. I haven't tried using the Center Diff yet myself. From what I gather its used to you can have a different brake bias in the front and rear of the truck which would be really nice for making tight turns so you don't lock up your fronts tires in a turn.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:54 PM
fr0sty

hmm I think I'll just get the foc tomorrow and then see where my racing career goes hehe. I plan on getting some aluminum turnbuckles and pushrods as well tomorrow so im on my way to making a racer