Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

RPM ARMS???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Revoview

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM ARMS???

Ok, heres my question do the rear RPM uper A arms give you more space between the engine. because i may need them when my new engine gets here, its really long and the stock arms dont give me enough space. so i hope these arms give me more clearnce. heres my engine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58056.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	537257  
Old 10-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Uglysteve

Default RE: RPM ARMS???

Yes the RPM arms give you a smidgen more room, but my Axial .28 wont fit with a pull start, so i don't know if that one will. The new era mount might give you enough room for a pull start, but i don't have any experience with this.

Steven
Old 10-08-2006, 07:46 PM
ScRacing

YEas they give you more room but you will still have to file some of the a-arm off.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:49 PM
les_222

What vechicle is it going in? If its for the T-maxx I had the exact engine mounted with RPM A-arms.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Revoview

its going on the revo 3.3 and i think im just going to get a bumpstart. and will a traxxas bb work with that engine its a ofna .26 force sg. if not that sucks because ive ordered both the engine and the bb, the bb is from traxxas not the engine. O YEah les 222 is it a good engine dose it pop wheelies on demand.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:42 PM
wide_open247

Should do wheelies easy. I have the Traxxas BB kit on my revo, with a RB C5 in it, I had no problems with it hitting the arms. Mine has no pull start, if you take yours off it should easily fit.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:45 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

You'll be lucky to see wheelies if that is the .26 version. That engine is very weak, and was replaced in all the Ofna kits by the .28 version, which is far more powerful
Old 10-09-2006, 10:35 AM
les_222

I also have that same engine in my Revo. It does wheelie on demand. Just pull the throttle to quick and on the roof you go.

Here is a link to the big block kit that i have. http://www.qoncepts.com/RCpages/TraxxasRevoRBBC.htm

You have to convert it to bump start though. Not enough room.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Revoview

bump starts are cheaper buy a lot than a starter box arent they. is it easy to use a bumpstart
Old 10-09-2006, 03:50 PM
les_222

I consider bump start and starter box the same thing.. I know what your are talking..

A bump start is a little trick to use. Trying to start it without rubbing the chassis with the with the wheel. You could always by it and enclose it in a box. It is basily a starter without the box.

I have both. I lioke the starter box a lot better. It is easy put on press and start. Rdlogics. You can always use a cheaper starter box with a little mod.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Revoview

will the starter box work on the revo? and how much dose it cost
Old 10-09-2006, 04:24 PM
les_222

The Rdlogics starter i have was $128.00 From my local hobby shop. It is made for the Revo. it lines up with motor mount and all you have to do is push down. There is a pin switch that hits that chassic and starts the wheel. Plus it has a built in fuse holder so you dont screw up the motor.

I have a 12volt hobbico battery instead of the two stick packs. It lasts a long time on the battery. There is two banna jacks on the outside that allow you to charge the battery or power something with 12volt. It costs some money, but it is flawless and the replace parts will be easy to get the hobby shop said.

You can also get one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/RDLogics-RD-Logi...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Revoview

i just cant spen that much money but that thing looks like it works great i think im just going to get the bumpstart. how well dose that ofna hold a tune. do you miss the ez start or is that just a small price to pay for alot of power
Old 10-09-2006, 06:49 PM
les_222

You could always put the O.S 18 that is made ot be used with Revo with easy start. If you want.. I will take my OS 18 TZ pull start anyday over an Ofna.

The Ofna (startbox) that is in my other Revo's Is just barely broken in. It runs well.

I just started getting into using the starter box. I normaly have used pull-starts, which isn't a bad way to start an engine.

I think you will be sorry if you get the bump start, but heck for about $30.00 bucks from tower with battery you can try it for yourself. That's were the one i got came from.

The only thing i can say is do your homework fully then decide, but if all you have to spend righ now is about $30.00 then i would get the bump box. At least you can have some way to start your engine. I suggest you make a wood box and cut a whole for the wheel and psuh it through and mount it to make it easier than holding the revo above the wheel trying to line up while the wheel is moving.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Revoview

yeah it think i will make a bump box for it cause buying that engine put me back engough