Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

A new 3.3R!!!/ Mods, please delete.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 07:35 PM
rawkfist2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new 3.3R!!!/ Mods, please delete.

Does anyone know anything about if there making it. It would have alot of power and what not. I would run out to buy it, seems as the 3.3 is sweet but a 3.3R thats crazy!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:51 PM
skaterngolfer

Default RE: A new 3.3R!!!

i dont think it exists!!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:10 PM
racintang

port and polish your 3.3. Thats would make it an R motor

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...06/ai_n9113605
Old 10-09-2006, 08:12 PM
rawkfist2

Sweet. Im actually taking engines right now and moding them. Ill try that on the 3.3
Old 10-09-2006, 10:00 PM
125cchyperman

Yeah to bad that they dont show pics. And remember that you dont touch the chrome plating inside if you do the sleeve is shot and if you so run it it will ruin your piston to.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

What traxxas needs to do is come out with a .26-.28 engine for the MT's. Screw their dang habit of trying to stick one engine into every car they have out. We want big-blocks in the MT's, and you can leave the 3.3 in the ST and TC's. It's so simple. Instead of trying to squeeze as much power out of an engine as you possibly can, use that time and money to develop a BB motor that will kill that overly mid-block
Old 10-09-2006, 10:31 PM
aznherb36

better yet, have them come with os engines.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:10 AM
jnev

the 2.5r was barely any more powerful than a 2.5; you couldn't even notice it (yes I've had both engines). I doubt a 3.3r would be much more powerful than a 3.3 is now, if at all.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:15 AM
2.5 flex

nossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss????????? lol jk/
Old 10-10-2006, 12:36 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Whoa....wait a minute.....BACK UP HERE!

You still come in here asking questions on how to tune( http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4808245/tm.htm ), how to dissasseble, etc... You don't even know what makes the engine work....and YOU are MODDING engines!

THAT is scarey! LMAOROTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:-]

-4 points RF2

ORIGINAL: rawkfist2

Sweet. Im actually taking engines right now and moding them. Ill try that on the 3.3
Old 10-10-2006, 03:42 PM
rawkfist2

NO my friend has engines and him and i are using his crappy old engine to practice modding. And the temp i think was my gay fuel becuase i finally just switched fuels and it wont hit over 200*
Old 10-10-2006, 04:21 PM
beelzebubishere

Odd....your QUOTE says you're taking engines and moding them.....
Now trying to decipher the the bad spelling...it seems you ARE saying you are taking engines in....as from other people! and modding them.....

QUIT TRYING TO IMPRESS, and just start learning....then share what you KNOW, NOT what you THINK you know.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:42 PM
rawkfist2

IM NOT SHAREING ANYTHING> im saying that my friend and i are LEARNGING to mod some engines that we are buying. older ones that people are getting rid of cheap. then once we know we can do it, we will start taking others engine in for modding.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:57 PM
beelzebubishere

Good, then you understand the timing difference, in "degrees" of rotation between the intake and exhaust ports, as well as the relationship of the boost ports to induce swirl in the cylinders incoming charge.....and you've accumulated how much machinery, useful in the rebalancing of crank shafts...because there is almost no need to re-port a cylinder if you don't know how to shave and balance a crank, not to mention flute it and reshape the counter weight....then rebalance.

Playing with your own engines is admireable, but LEARNING the engine, understanding the engine, and predicting different combinations of not only timing but port angles....takes YEARS of experience. Learning on your own nickel is great, but start a REAL learning experience.

Get your hands on this book:
Two-Stroke Performance Tuning by, A.Graham Bell, published by Haynes.

It is a great starter book, IF you are serious.....and don't just look at the pics...READ it, STUDY it, then READ IT AGAIN, and again, and again...... At least then you will be able to relate ideas on 2 stroke performance in an educated and informed manner.

IM NOT SHAREING ANYTHING> im saying that my friend and i are LEARNGING to mod some engines that we are buying. older ones that people are getting rid of cheap. then once we know we can do it, we will start taking others engine in for modding.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:09 PM
rawkfist2

Sweet will do. Thanks man. And where in Illinois are u located. We got some people up here that bash every weekend. Also this weekend were going to the indoor track in Joliet. Wanna come?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:26 PM
beelzebubishere

I'm down near Metropolis, but I really don't have too much in the since of free time right now. I'm setting up severral business accounts(Ms, Il, & Ky) and an office in the Paducah area, then when I'm free I fly back home to Ga. Fact is I'll probably be moving back to Ga. before December.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:28 AM
splcrazy

why do they bother with making a 3.3 engine why cant they develop a 6.6 engine for example or will it just get bigger every year like a 4.3 then 5.3 then 5.5 .if you know what i mean or do they know they can make these engines they just wait and develop a new engine every year thats how traxxas makes their money the technology is there they just dont do it
Old 10-16-2006, 03:05 AM
Kawasakirider

splcrazy, they don't make engines that size because a 5.5 cc engine won't rev hard. A small block is OK for a revo considering the weight, take the os 18 tm/tz engines, they rip in a revo. Personally I think the second gear wide ratio tranny in the 3.3 is to high for the 3.3 engine. Just me.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:54 PM
revolutionary_rc

ORIGINAL: beelzebubishere

Good, then you understand the timing difference, in "degrees" of rotation between the intake and exhaust ports, as well as the relationship of the boost ports to induce swirl in the cylinders incoming charge.....and you've accumulated how much machinery, useful in the rebalancing of crank shafts...because there is almost no need to re-port a cylinder if you don't know how to shave and balance a crank, not to mention flute it and reshape the counter weight....then rebalance.

Playing with your own engines is admireable, but LEARNING the engine, understanding the engine, and predicting different combinations of not only timing but port angles....takes YEARS of experience. Learning on your own nickel is great, but start a REAL learning experience.

It is a great starter book, IF you are serious.....and don't just look at the pics...READ it, STUDY it, then READ IT AGAIN, and again, and again...... At least then you will be able to relate ideas on 2 stroke performance in an educated and informed manner.

you relize you cant balance a single piston motor right?OOOOOOOOooooooooooOooOOOOOo burn burn BURN you just got pwnd oOOOo
Old 10-26-2006, 10:28 PM
nitrorcjunkie

Yes, you most certainlyCAN balance a single cylinder engine. The whole purpose of the crankshaft counterweight is to BALANCE the weight of the reciprocating parts (piston and crank). revolutionary rc....Get yer facts straight before posting you dumb*ss
Old 10-26-2006, 10:32 PM
89ram

hahaha
Old 10-27-2006, 04:40 AM
beelzebubishere

No, I didn't realize that, as I'm sure every engine manufacturer in the world building single cylinder engines, hasn't realized that yet either.
I take it you've been designing, building, and or modifying engines for the greater part of your life?

ORIGINAL: revolutionary_rc

ORIGINAL: beelzebubishere

you relize you cant balance a single piston motor right?OOOOOOOOooooooooooOooOOOOOo burn burn BURN you just got pwnd oOOOo
Old 10-27-2006, 09:22 AM
donbeatya

haha sound like kliff haha what ever happened to that old man
Old 10-27-2006, 12:45 PM
beelzebubishere

My brother? He's still around at the RCNO.
Jay

ORIGINAL: donbeatya

haha sound like kliff haha what ever happened to that old man