Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

3.3 tunning

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:17 PM
venom290

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.3 tunning

Yes I know there are a hundred posts already, but I coulden't find any answers to my problem. Engine runs fine for half a tank, nice smoke, body cut for cooling in front and rear . Then it will start to lean out. Smoke goes away, motor gets a little hotter. I don't have a temp gauge, but it's not sizzeling. Changed fuel tank, fuel lines. New plug. Lsn flush, Hsn 3.25 turns out.(any more it is to rich, bogs and wont shift).Checked head bolts,cleand carb and air filter.Let it sit 10 min, runs great for half tank.Bout 3 gallons on engine. Any good way to check compression? Got o.s on most of my planes, no problems. Starting to think .18 or something.this is my 2nd 3.3, the first lasted 4 gallons, rebuilt for another 6. Dont race, but bash pretty hard.

thanks, venom
Old 10-10-2006, 03:52 PM
rawkfist2

Default RE: 3.3 tunning

DUDE keep the 3.3 The 3.3 users are growing. There awesome engines. Myn was doing that till yesterday then i switched fuels. Try that first.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 PM
stoned_heckler

yup i was gonna say plug but you changed it. chang fuels my revo 3.3 love 30% sidewinder
Old 10-11-2006, 10:23 AM
venom290

yep, I tried 30% (32.99 around here[:@]) usualy run 20%. TRaxxas,blue thunder, etc. No change.
thanks, venom
Old 10-11-2006, 02:41 PM
DGMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you are lean on the HSN or LSN. Once you get to half a tank, it naturally leans out. Retune with half a tank, that way you are not overly lean when you run dry, and just slightly rich when full.

Compression checking can be done two ways with motor in or with PS out of the engine. Easies is to have the plug in and turn the fly wheel, you should have some pinch when you reach TDC, if there is none or little it is toast.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:03 PM
sofaking_nutz

air leak?????? I had somewhat of the same problem......chased an air leak down to the backplate......