Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

i don't know what to buy HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:58 PM
deathmark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i don't know what to buy HELP PLEASE

hi i was wandering if anyone could advise me on which truck to buy i've considered a menace 21 and am now considering a revo but dont know what spec to go for the 2.5 or the 3.3 if any one has any sudjestions please bring them forward.

i don't mind other trucks but i want durability and fun.

thanks

deathmark
Old 10-10-2006, 01:44 PM
125cchyperman

Default RE: i don't know what to buy HELP PLEASE

First off welcome to RCU.

Secondly when picking a truck it's all about personal preference. It about what you like and what you want. I suggest going to your LHS (Local Hobby Store) and seeing what they have as in trucks. See what they have in parts support. As if you get a truck that they dont carry a lot of parts for you will end up waiting for forever and a half to get your truck back up and running if you break something. And thats the thing you will break thing. No matter how good of a driver you are no matter how carefull you are you will end up breaking things. Parts support should be on the top of your list of things to look for.

Look at the trucks that you like and the design thats suite's you the best, that has good parts support. But it get a spare glow plug or two and some fuel and go have fun. No matter what you get you will have fun with your truck. There's nothing wrong with asking others that are in the hobby and that have been in the hobby for several years what they say about rc's. But the thing is it's kinda like a Ford vs Chevy deal. But the point is mopst of the trucks are good and no matter what you get you will like it a lot and wont think twice about what you got.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:47 PM
89ram

i hope they stock revos. that's what i'd recommend. 3.3 unless you want to wheelie alot, then the 2.5 might be better because it's shorter.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:04 PM
les_222

The T-MAXX used the perfect choice for a monster truck but now it is the Revo. The Revo is very durable. The 3.3 revo is faster than the 2.5 and has a longer chassis which makes it handle better.

The Revo is monster truck with a cat-like quickness and manueverablity.

The revo handles 100% better than my T-maxx.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:06 PM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

the 3.3 WILL wheelie if you tighten down the slipper.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:39 AM
deathmark

thanks for the advise but i want to hear about other trucks as well as the revo but at the mo i'm getting a revo
Old 10-11-2006, 01:40 PM
mrjerryk

ORIGINAL: BRUSHLESS BASHER

the 3.3 WILL wheelie if you tighten down the slipper.

Sorry but wheelies are WAY OVER RATED. There nice for show but I would rather it perform than have the wheels in the air.