Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Rear T-Maxx diff

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 06:40 PM
MaxxRT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear T-Maxx diff

Ok guys, I just finished breaking in my new motor when I noticed it wasnt shifting into 2nd. Brought it in and noticed that only the front tires were moving the truck around.....greeeeaaaaaaat. After taking it apart, it looks as though one of the spider gears broke and it caused the output gears to strip......or vise-versa. My question is, what upgrades are avaliable to strengthen the diffs? Or should I just replace with stock parts? Im running an o.s. .18cv-rx
Old 10-12-2006, 06:47 PM
les_222

Default RE: Rear T-Maxx diff

Robinson Racing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RRP-8590-STEEL-D...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-12-2006, 07:06 PM
SG16

Run the stockers. How long have you had the truck? The stockers will hold up for 10 gallons.. Another alternative is the 3.3 t-maxx diffs, I believe they will fit.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:34 PM
MaxxRT

I bought the truck used, the old .15 was pretty worn out so I upgraded to the .18cvrx. Chances are it was a little stripped before and the power of the new motor just finished it off. Also, any tips on re-assembling the diffs?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:17 PM
MAXX3TR

http://www.2coolrc.com/detail.aspx?ID=93
Old 10-12-2006, 09:50 PM
les_222

Ya that would make the diff stronger also. Mine is done that way, but with Robinson Racing gears which are stronger.

I run a diff spool in the rear with RRP and a Posi with RRp in the front with alluminum diff cups.

I had a big block .27 in my T-maxx turning them . No problems. It all depends how you drive your truck how long the diffs will last.

In the last week i broke a front diff in my Revo. I broke the pinion. It was my fault though. I was on the gas when i took the jump and did not let off before i hit the ground.