Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Good trade or not?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 04:34 PM
4xplay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good trade or not?

Hello everyone.
I was wanting someone else's opinion just to make sure i am not making a mistake. I have a LST that i bought a year ago and only driven about a 1/2 gallons worth of fuel. A guy local to me has a Revo 2.5 that he wants to trade me. His revo has about 1-1/2 gallons through it, but only one quart through the new 3.3trx he upgraded to. My LST's only upgrade is a RPM gear cover. His revo has a Tekno Wing mount with Kyosho wing, traxxas P2 rocker with gold and orange springs, New Revo 3.3 engine spar, Traxxas Luminum pushrods, Forward Only conversion, Lunsford titanium !QUOT!Punisher!QUOT! turnbuckles, 7075 Aluminum rocker arm posts and a New Revo 3.3 Engine.
Our trade would be truck for truck, but i would keep my JR xs3 (tx & rx) and he would keep his Traxxas tq3 (tx & rx) and on top of that he would cough-up an additional $50.
I really don't want a bias opinion on the Revo please. I just want to know if anyone thinks that this is a worth-wile trade. As for the condition of his truck, I don't know, he is bringing it to show me tomorrow. So if I trade him, it will be tomorrow, so any quick opinions would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Phelansa

Default RE: Good trade or not?

Honestly, I have no idea if this is a fair trade or not. Just ask yourself... Even with all those upgrades can the Revo match your LST? If yes..then it must be a good trade, If no.....??
Old 10-13-2006, 04:45 PM
DaveG55

As long as the Revo's not beat to pieces then I think that you will be the one coming out on top. Yeah, I think it's a pretty fair deal and, like I said, I think the deal favors you just a bit.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Cloak

Personally with those particular hopups on the Revo, I think you're getting the better end of the deal by far, especially with the cash.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:55 PM
mrjerryk

You also have to look at it like this. You've had that LST for a year now with only half a gallon through it. So you don't use it much. If you think you are going to use the REVO more then even if it was stock then at least you will be using something. It sounds like you will be coming out ahead in this deal. Does he have the old 2.5r motor as well. If so I would see if he wants to part with that so you have a backup engine when the 3.3 goes out. If you get the REVO you won't be disappointed with the way it handles.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:14 PM
125cchyperman

Personally I think with all of those hop ups you will be the one coming out on top. Especially that you get to keep your radio and reciever and get some cash for it also. As DaveG55 said as long as the revo is not beat to pieces, then it would be a nice pick up. Personally I would do the trade but thats just me though.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Harvick

Of course if it is NOT beat to pieces sound fair. The real question is would you rather have a revo than your lst? If so go for it, if not, no trade no foul.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:35 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

If it runs, that's a good trade
Old 10-15-2006, 11:01 AM
89ram

so did you trade yet?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:41 AM
4xplay

Well, he ended backing-out of the deal. That kind-of sucks, because i was looking forward to something a little bit smaller. Oh well. All this talking about the trucks made me want to drive it. So, Saturday I made some time for it and burned 5 tanks through it on some vacant construction lots nearby. Anyway, thank you guys for your opinions.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:49 AM
DaveG55

Man, sorry to hear that he backed out of the deal.
He didn't read this thread and think he was getting screwed did he?
That would suck!