Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

KEEP BREAKING CLUTCH SPRING.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 10:31 PM
STOLI311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KEEP BREAKING CLUTCH SPRING.

Hey guys, have a Revo with a OS .30 just installed and tuned alittle while ago. Awesome engine but anyway in the few times I had running I've broken the clutch spring 3 times.
Is there a more heavy duty clutch spring or set-up that could solve this problem??
Also I have a starter box so this engine would fit in the Revo, so I have to maintain a 40mm flywheel in order to start it.
Thanks
Old 10-13-2006, 10:36 PM
bennyblanco

Default RE: KEEP BREAKING CLUTCH SPRING.

what clutch shoes and spring you have know for that engine you have to run 1/8 clutchshoes!!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:43 PM
rawkfist2

Sprry to say but that engine will rip the truck apart! Its so much power in that little car. How you liking it? Got a video of it? I really was thinking of getting one!
Old 10-14-2006, 07:26 AM
STOLI311

The truck rips! I am very glad I bought a wheelie bar because it hits it all the time, sounds awesome with a C-VEC pipe on it. The trans so far is working just fine, I've had to tighten the slipper clutch alittle more than before and I put in a Robinson x-hard clutch bell and spur gear. I put in alum clutch shoes but it's that damn spring that keeps breaking. To answer the question what clutch I am using, it's the stock Revo spring with alum. Revo clutch shoes.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:04 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Is the spring rubbing on the inside of the clutchbell? If it is, you should see a groove down the middle of the inside of the bell. If so, either you have a hupm or debris in the groove of one of those shoes, or else they are just worn down. An engine shouldnt be able to break the clutch spring if everything is properly installed.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Dil

i broke my clutch spring with my 18tm with 5% nitro, man theese motors rip!!

i didnt replace it just made out a hook and put it back in, i was having way too much fun!!!
Old 10-14-2006, 03:27 PM
bennyblanco

so you have the aluminum integy clutchshoe i had the same problem with my sirio and those clutchshoes i took them off and put some mip's and never had anymore problems!!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:20 PM
STOLI311

I have heard that New Era has a 1/8 scale 40mm flywheel witha 3 clutch shoe set up for Revo. I don't know what web site to go to for New Era products though.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Harvick

My MIP clutch spring broke this weekend. ON an OS 18TM. 2 Second spring in about 2 gallons. They just seem to stretch out quite a bit. I swear I had less trouble with the stock clutch. That one made it 4 gallons. 3 of which were on the same OS18TM.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:43 PM
89ram

stoli, i beleive it's neweramodels.com